165gr TTSX and the 300 win mag

mccraggen

Beginner
Mar 11, 2017
Has anyone tried this combo or maybe had a powder that did alright?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H 4350 w/ the 150 does great
RL22 and H1000 w/ the 180 does same
maybe the guys who shoot RL26 have some ideas.....

Sorry I use the 150gr TTSX since I also shoot it in other 30cal cartridges.
The 165 TTSX would also be an good choice pushed as fast as possible in your 300 mag. I would suggest testing the top 3-4 powders that Barnes says give the most speed. Be sure to give then a lot of bullet jump. I know that goes against old wisdom but they preform better with jump. Just seat them so the top relief groove is just showing and NO crimp. You will get excellent accuracy. Also be sure you have super cleaned the barrel if you have shot regular jacketed bullets in it before the Barnes.

Thanks guys, I’m thinking of running ar2213sc powder which I think is similar to another powder over in the states?

Divernhunter":3hb6rj5x said:
Sorry I use the 150gr TTSX since I also shoot it in other 30cal cartridges.
The 165 TTSX would also be an good choice pushed as fast as possible in your 300 mag. I would suggest testing the top 3-4 powders that Barnes says give the most speed. Be sure to give then a lot of bullet jump. I know that goes against old wisdom but they preform better with jump. Just seat them so the top relief groove is just showing and NO crimp. You will get excellent accuracy. Also be sure you have super cleaned the barrel if you have shot regular jacketed bullets in it before the Barnes.

I think I seated mine too deep, just seated em so that you can’t see any of the grooves just

Back