22-250 1/14 twist - 60gr. partition

Feb 18, 2011
Will the 60 grain nosler Partition stabilze and shoot in a 1/14" barrel? May be buying a tikka t3 22-250 with the intent of shooting this bullet. The manual says it should work..Any experiences?

In both my 22-250 Remington rifles, attempts to shoot the 60 grain Partition were dismal failues.

One rifle has a stock Remington barel with a 1 in 14 twist, the other a custom Hart barrel with a 1 in 14 inch twist.

I imagine that the 60 grain Partition is a great bullet, but they will not shoot in my rifles. However, I live at an elevation of only 300 feet or so. I had trouble getting the 55 grain Ballistic Tips to shoot till Nosler suggested they would shoot better at a higher elevation. I tried this out on a prairie dog hunt at 3500 feet elevation and they shot just fine. Just on the border of stabilization, I guess.

No it won't stabilize in a 1:14 twist. I did get the original design to but the ogive has change and the new ones work stabilize.
Its too bad, I shot a coyote stem to stern with the 60 gr PT and it was impressive. Great bullet but you need a 1:12 twist or faster.

The new 64 gr BSB will stabilize in a 1:14 twist and offers some amazing penetration, even at 22-250 speeds.

JD338

Back