22 WMR Remington premire

cloverleaf

Handloader
Sep 10, 2006
So, my luck, my Savage really likes the Remington premier 22WMR ammo. Pre Sandy Hook it was hard to find now, well. I have an acquaintance that keeps running down the 22 Mag and I'd really like to shut him up. Hornady will take gophers at 100 yds, CCI is good for Jacks at twice that but that Remmington REALLY shoots. Anybody seen any?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/835672 ... uctFinding

Thanks CL

PS- as far as that goes I haven't seen an honest "Jack" or a gopher in a coons age. Hate livening in town....no entertainment.

I used a .22 mag single shot for chuck hunting for years in northern Quebec. It was quiet enough where I could shoot chucks off the road into pastures away from houses and no one ever complained. I have used the .22 Mag here in Washington and no issues, shooting into the woods behind my house.

Yea- it honestly is my favorite rifle to shoot. Cabelas had a few hundred rounds of Hornady a few weeks ago. I picked up a box (I refuse to buy more than that at a time) but that was $15.00 bucks a box :evil: Here she is in a Boyds "Dakotah Will" short run from Boyds. Savage should be ashamed of the POS plastic it came in.

Not pictured is the 4-10x50 that it wears, that I got from Fotis :) . Super bench gun. Just not enough ammo. CL

CL,
I'm checking for the Remingtons whereever I drop by but no luck thus far.
If I find any I'll grab some for you.

Finally found some! two boxes which I bought. (yes I hoarded them) I think its been 4 years since I had any. Surprisingly they were about the same price, about double what CCI 's used to be. $ 22.00 a box is a lot. But I have some! Hope they are still as accurate as they used to be.... will post if I get a chance to shoot. WAY to busy with work. CL

PM Me with your current address as long as your in the lower 48
I got something for you. Skid

Back