30 TC

DevilDawg

Beginner
Apr 10, 2006
Been reading some info on this round and was wondering how long it's going to take for Horady to start selling cases and dies for this round?

What would you guess?

I thought I read that handloaders would not be able to get the velocities out of it the factory does, due to the special blends of powder they use in it. As for dies, who knows. I bet they want everone to buy their loaded ammo, even though they would be missing a whole nother market.

Corey

+1 Corey,
I think you're absolutely right, the manufactures do use special powder blends to achieve the results they get that a handloader will not.
I am interested in seeing what the loading data on this cartridge will be, it sounds good, but will it look like a .308 when the load data is available?

Norm

I don't know if it will even look like the 308. Isn't it a smaller case than the 308?

Corey

not sure if it is, I did not do a side by side with a 308, but it appears to be close.

STicon_091707E.jpg

cd308winchester.jpg

You will see cases and dies for the round, proably within a year. Like others have said though you will not get the same velocity as factory.

I have heard that the new 6.5 Creedmor is built on the .30TC case and they are looking to release the dies and brass come spring. So that will proably mean fall :lol:

Back