300 SAUM

bradb1169

Beginner
Dec 7, 2005
Hey there new to the forum. Does anyone know the load data for a 200 or 220 gr AccuBond for the 300 Rem SAUM? The closest I could find was the data for a Partiton. Can I use the data from a Partition in an AccuBond? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Brad

When you say work your way up does that mean that thereis a potential for a hazard or just to make sure it works fine? How far should you work your way up to? I like to follow the book just so I know that I am in a safe load range, but the book doen't have the data I am looking for. It makes me a little nervous. That's why I figured I would ask. I think I will give it a try. Thanks for your help. Brad

Nosler data normally includes all their bullets of the same weight as being the same so a 200 gr AccuBond can be loaded with the same data as a 200 gr Partition. But no matter what the bullet, you have to start with the "start" load (the lightest charge given) and work up towards the max. load. (If only a max load is given, back off 8-10% for a start load). Work up in .5 gr increments.

As for how far to go - you may not reach the max load given before encountering pressure signs such as sticky bolt lift or excesively flattened primers. If you hit these signs, back off a .5 gr or so. Pick the load between the start and max that seems to give the best accuracy.

I really appreciate your help. I am fairly new to reloading so all the expert advise I can get the better. I guess I will use the start data for the Partition and see how it goes from there. Would the MV and balistics be the same though? Thanks again guys.

Your velocities will differ than that of our book due to barrel length, pressures, etc.

You can use our Partition data as described earlier, we just state that you start with our min loads and work up.

Good luck and it is good to have you on board

I really appreciate all the help here. I will give it a try starting with the min Partition load data and go from there. Just for the record I shot a 6 1/2 foot coastal black bear this year with my 06 usuing a 180 AccuBond. Resulted in a dead bear 10 foot later. 5/8" shy of B/C. Thanks again

Back