44 Magnum Help!

Glad you solved your problem. I have had the same thing happen and while it is embarrassing to miss this issue at least you figured it out yourself.

All's well that ends well. Glad you got it figured out.
The 44 Rem Mag is a hammer on White Tails. The Marlin is light, little recoil and mild report but the 240 gr JHP really tears them up inside and leaves a nice exit wound that allows a lot of blood to leak out.

JD338

Magnum primers arent neccessary for H110. I use both CCI LR pistol and large pistol magnum and cant tell any difference between the 2. Just something to keep in mind. Then again, I'm only shooting 25 yards with the super blackhawk. Velocity is nearly identical between the 2 primers, as well as accuracy.

Guy, Rem,

Sorry for my much delayed reply; thanks for the post. The Marlin now does about 2.5 inches at 100. There is still some room to improve, I think, but ti's a good starting point. I will look at using LR, but with everything in scarce supply right now, I don't know if I will use them for this project.

Again, thank you and thanks to everyone who helped out.

Good to hear. I would try 300 JHP bullets in your rifle. try with W296. We have had great success in the Thompson Contender and that load.

Back