44 Rem Mag and 240gr JSP Info in Lever Actions

Dirty cases indicate insufficient ignition. You need either a hotter primer and/or heavier crimp.

Personally, I did not get satisfactory results in my 45 Colt rifle with H110, including issues like this. Accurate #9 ignites easier and burns cleaner, and gives me all the velocity I need. Just my perspective.

Brian

Ramshot Enforcer or Accurate 4100 (same powder, different labels) will get you a little more than what #9 will.... pretty much matching H110/296, but seems to be easier to get burning.

I'm really liking those Ramshot and Accurate powders in handguns these days.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

bdbrown66":64yqq7o3 said:
Dirty cases indicate insufficient ignition. You need either a hotter primer and/or heavier crimp.

Personally, I did not get satisfactory results in my 45 Colt rifle with H110, including issues like this. Accurate #9 ignites easier and burns cleaner, and gives me all the velocity I need. Just my perspective.

Brian
>>> I second #9 !

bdbrown66":1k09dayr said:

Brian

Thanks Brian. I have a local stockist of N110 so I will try that (Advertised as a rifle powder afterall) and if that doesn't work I shall try and get Enforcer.

I put in what should have been a "full" crimp (at least according to the die instructions) so reckon I will have to either try and ignite it with a Magnum Large Pistol Primer but as I can't find those, and H110 seems to be hard to find as well, maybe the switch to N110 might not be a bad idea.

M

lhsako":2zyjo16a said:
bdbrown66":2zyjo16a said:

Brian
>>> I second #9 !

Good to know, thanks.

M

Back