6.5 PRC 143 ELD-X

Backcast88

Beginner
Sep 15, 2012
Got invited to my buddies new lease this past weekend and had an opportunity to fill a tag for a coworker needing some deer meat. I had my grandpa's 30-06 but wasn't comfortable shooting it much past 200yds since I didn't have much trigger time on the rifle since getting it after he passed in February. My buddy offered his rifle for the shot since it was past my comfort with the 30-06 and it did not disappoint.

Seekins Havak Element
Peterson Brass
H1000
CCI 200
143 ELD-X
2870 fps MV

Deer finally gave us a good shot at 318yds across the cow pasture. He was quartered to us a little but I squeezed the shot off, heard the bullet connect and he made it 60-70yds before piling up. Don't have a bullet to show since it trucked on through but the heart and lungs were well blended. Luckily he's got plenty more loaded for next year. The buck is no giant but when your buddy says, you want to shoot that one and use my new rifle? Hard to pass up that opportunity.
IMG_4927.jpeg

IMG_4928.jpeg

IMG_4929.jpeg

IMG_4934.jpeg

Excellent! Ya, Glen Seekins builds a fine rifle. I gave him some ribbing about putting the rifling on the outside of the barrel with that cool spiral fluting. :)

The 6.5 PRC is quite a cartridge, kind of picks up where the 6.5 Creed leaves off. Glad that you had such good results with the Hornay ELD-X. Typically they're quite accurate.

Congrats on your nice shooting and on the buck!

Regards, Guy

Hey nobody blames you for using your buddy's rifle and shooting that buck. Good deal alway around. That's a real friend right there. Thanks for sharing. Dan.

Congratulations on a fine shot. Your co-worker will enjoy many good meals from that buck.

It was very generous of your buddy to let you shoot a buck with his rifle.

Great shooting! Seems like that buck got under your skin pretty good BC88.... ;)

Back