Anyone else with problems with 69gr CC bullets?

10at6

Beginner
Dec 27, 2005
I bought 1000 69 gr. CC bullets direct from Nosler last year. I've been shooting them in HP matches at 200 yards. I've generally had good results, but over the last 5 matches I've had two shots in sitting rapid that resulted in 7 and 8 both low with a keyhole in the target. The bullets seem to have a wide variation in the size of the hollow points, but I doubt that's the problem. Load is a moderate load of 23.8gr of Re-15 in a 1/7Krieger in an AR match rifle. My normal scores average about 197 and both shots were not called. Just wondering if anyone has had similar problems? Thanks

Were these seconds? Or first quality bulllets?

Years ago I had some similar problems with some 168 gr .30 cal Nosler "seconds" I bought.

Guy Miner said:
Were these seconds? Or first quality bulllets?

Years ago I had some similar problems with some 168 gr .30 cal Nosler "seconds" I bought.

No, they were not advertised as seconds but the appaerance makes you wonder? I shot the last of them up today at 200 and did not have a problem. 2 in 1000 I guess is not bad, but there must be some QC problems

+1 Guy, in regards to the seconds.

I have had some variations with the points on 155grn Palma CC seconds, but at 16.90/100..... not big problems. I wasn't using them in competition tho!! Just a PIA to get a uniform seating depth.

CC.

Back