Best Looking Ammo?

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Okay - nothing to do with how accurate it is, or how well it puts game down... What is the best looking ammo you've ever seen???

Was it the appearance of the case and bullet? How about the packaging?

This is the stuff big $$ is made of! :grin:

I'm thinking that it's a nickle plated WSM with a black moly coated sharp-pointy bullet... Oh yeah! Gotta buy it for the wicked cool appearance alone!

Sexy sells. I think that Winchester was onto that when they put those black oxide coated bullets in those shiny nickel cases. I especially like the red tipped CT Accubonds in those cases. Even the black box with the red lettering is nice. If I didn't load my own I'd buy it.

Guy, best I've seen are the 338 Win Mag rounds I put together, nickel brass with 230gr FailSafe... And go figure, they put elk on the ground right nicely!

the new Winchester XP3 bullet.

Supreme Elite™ XP3™: The new XP3™ bullet starts with a 2-stage expansion design, then combines all the best-known bullet technology into one bullet. It delivers precision accuracy, awesome knockdown power, and deep penetration all in one package -- and it's as effective on thin-skinned game, like deer and antelope, as it is on tough game, like elk, moose, bear, and African animals, at short and long ranges. The XP3™ is the closest thing to a perfect hunting bullet you can buy!
XP3%20cartridge.JPG

xp3-cutaway.jpg

Your kidding right? "Best Looking Ammo"? I really don't care what it looks like, as long as it shoots well out of my particular rifles/handguns. The best look, in my opinion, is the dead muley/elk/bear/or whatever your hunting, lying there on the ground.

Hmmm.
How about the blue barnes XLC in a nickel case. There ya go!
I never got The XLC to shoot worth a darn, but they are good looking bullets, kind of remind me of an "inert" training round for the 20mm cannon :grin:

:grin: See, now Pop knows what I'm asking about - that thing looks like it's going 5 gazillion fps just sitting there! :grin: It's gotta be the most accurate, fastest, flattest shooting, hardest hitting ammo on the market...

Or at least it looks that way... :roll:

Richracer - 99% of the ammo I load is just good old brass with plain old bullets - but it works real well. Some of this newer stuff just looks amazing to me - and apparently it sells well too!

Regards, Guy

I love this topic. It is truly amazing what will sell a product. The item may not be what you really want but because of how it looks a person will jump all over it. Those poly tipped bullets sure do help sell product. Look at that inexpensive Wolf ammunition. They use those FMJ bullets in the green steel cases. Now imagine an AccuBond CT in one of those green cases. That would look like a killer!

For looks I always liked Nickel brass with combined technology ballistic silvertips. The XLC looks nice to, but thats about all there good for.

The thing that gets me is nickel brass looks nice, but I have had a few coyote callers with me that they have that nice shiny brass and have 6-8 rounds in the stock holster and they get on a point to call coyotes and it shines like a beacon, they ask why they have some spooky coyotes?

I think nosler has the right idea, a drab colored brass for those that pack extra rounds on the exterior of the gun to keep the shine down. Same goes with the high gloss stocks they look great and sell but for calling coyotes any shine is dealt with a drab paint job for sure.

Back