Federal Premium 180-grain Nosler Partition

Mao Gung

Beginner
Aug 17, 2024
Hi all: Going on two Maine moose hunts in September and October and I’ve used the Federal Premium 180-grain Nosler Partition on moose before with great success. Trouble is that I can’t find any more and I’m down to my last handful of shells.

Anybody know where they can be found? Thanks in advance.

Lastly…if I can’t find the bullets I’d love to hear from forum members what alternatives to the Federal Premium 180-grain Noslers they’d recommend.

Welcome aboard, Mao Gung. What distance do you anticipate shooting? What cartridge are you shooting? I've taken a fair number of moose with cup and core bullets from a variety of cartridges, and all worked well within the limitations of the cartridge. While I like a premium bullet, especially if I'm shooting a high velocity cartridge, a good cup and core pill launched at a reasonable velocity will work very well on moose. Best of luck on your hunt.

Accubonds do very well too, especially the 200 grain. I would not recommend the ELD-X, its too frangible.
As Dr. Mike mentioned, I'm curious on the caliber as well.

What cartridge are you shooting?
Lots of knowledge and experience here, just need more information to help.

JD338

Are you looking for loaded ammunition or bullets to reload yourself? Also what caliber are you shooting?

Back