Feeling a little like Dr. Frankenstein........It's alive!

muleman

Handloader
May 12, 2009

I received the barreled action from LRI on Sat. and bedded it into a Manners T5, installed a trigger, mounted a Seekins rail and a scope. I'm going to put it through it's break in later this week.
It's a 6.5 Creedmoor throated for AMAXs and ABLRs. It's built on a trued Rem 700 with a 26" Bartlein Sendero contour 1in 8" twist. It's got an oversized pinned recoil lug. It has one of Nathan's brakes as well as a thread protector if I don't want to run the brake. The threads are the same as my suppressor. Wyatt bottom metal and 5/10 round magazines. I have a cheap bipod on it for now. I have a picatinny rail coming on Wed. and I'll put it on with my Atlas bipod. I still need to bed the bottom metal, it needs a spacer on the rear action screw. I've spent quite a few hours on the stock so far. The first thing I did was open the barrel channel to allow it a full float. Then I relieved the areas around the factory pillars, lug area and the chamber area. I bedded it using AcraGlass. I then noticed I had cracked the filler between the trigger cutout and the mag well. I had tightened the vise to much :oops: . Out came the dremel again and using Devcon I installed a crossbolt using some 3/16" stainless all thread for the crossbolt. I'm also going to install some flush cups for different sling positions. I'll need a good sling because it weighs 11lbs 7oz as it sits. It really not a hunting rifle more of a target and long range steel gun but it might need to get bloodied this fall. This winter I'll camo up the stock. The coyote tan metal looks a little funny with the OD stock. The glass I'm shooting on it is a VX3 4.5x14 with a 32TMOA reticle.

It certainly looks to be all business. There is no question but that you've assembled with quality materials, and the cartridge is a delight to load and to shoot. Congratulations.

Looks like a serious rig. Should make for a great practical/tactical, target/varmint do all rifle. I’d be very surprised it fi didn’t drive tacks!

That is going to be great fun at the range! Very satisfying to shoot I'll bet.

I could see using that for deer or pronghorn. It's a little heavy, but so is my Green Machine .308 Win, and I've hunted with it.

Guy

A serious looking rifle, clean and functional, I will be looking for your results. :grin: :grin:

Hmmm, I should build it's bigger brother (6.5-06) on the action I bought from you...

Nice rig, amigo!

Very nice. Looking forward to your range results.
I'm sure she will be a shooter.

JD338

Unlike Frankenstein's creation I don't that one has a defective brain. I think it's ready, willing and able to do your bidding. I'd love to be there when you try it out.

Back