First time!

Muldoon

Beginner
Oct 16, 2016
First time for my Grandson Brett to shoot at 400 yards. We started out 3 years back at age 5 with a .22 LR and he's progressing quite well...absorbs instruction akin to a sponge! Plays football, baseball, and basketball and straight +A in private school. He's shooting a .308 Winchester I bought for him last year. His first shot was pretty much to center and we had a wind pickup from 3 o/clock for his next two rounds. I didn't want to give him a wind correction because I wanted him to see what an increase in wind does to the POI. The horizontal deviation, or lack thereof tells me he's following procedure correctly and seeing the apex of the cross-wires at shot break with his primary vision!

Untitled by Sharps Man, on Flickr

Next will be 500 yards!

I suspect the lad has a great teacher, though he appears to be an excellent student. Congratulations to the young man.

DrMike":xz6h9b2s said:
I suspect the lad has a great teacher, though he appears to be an excellent student. Congratulations to the young man.

Doc

I know a lot about aircraft/flying/rifles/hunting, and marksmanship training!

I know nothing about women.....except that it doesn't pay to argue with one....even though you're right!! (y) :(

Outstanding!!!
I am also glad to see that he is a fan of Ron Santo, Earnie Banks, and Billy Williams' team. [emoji106]
I was waiting fifty years for what happened this year and was fondling a bat that Ron Santo gave me when I was a kid while watching the series.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back