fosrster co-ax press

Duncan

Beginner
Dec 29, 2009
does anyone here have the forster co-ax press? if so, how do you likt it?
I sold my old rcbs, which I bought in the early 80's. i always seemed to pinch my fingers when seating bullets with it. just not enough room for the 300 win mag.

I have used one for years, like 20, and consider it to be one of the best. I still have my Rock Chucker and use it for certain operations.Rick.

Its on my want list, right after my girls finish college. :grin:

JD338

I have both a Co-Ax and a Redding T7. I use the Redding for load development for the custom shop and the Co-Ax for my own rounds. I love it. I'm sorry I didn't get one years ago.

At one time I'm contemplating on getting one, but I found a good deal on a use Ultramag. So I jumped on it.

well i guess I should be happy with it then, i started using thier dies also like them more than RCBS's.
BTW cabelas has it for $239.00 most other places were back ordered for it prices were all close to one another.

I think you`ll find the "window" is smaller, or no larger at any rate, in the Co-Ax then the RC, at least the newer model rockchuckers. That said I sold a old Rockchucker years ago and bought a co-ax to replace it, I`ve never looked back. The only drawback to the Co-Ax is if you need to pull bullets the collet pullers won`t work on it and you`ll need another press.

Been my main press for 30yrs now. Love it and would love to have another, to be its the gold standard. I do have a RCBS Partner press set up just for bullet seating when doing hi volume loading...

I was thinking about getting the partner press for bullet seating only, for $15.00 more I bought the Lee classic instead.

I've got a Lyman Crusher II and it's been ok. About 2 years ago one of the eyes broke, big chunk of cast just fell off the bottom of it when I was resizing some 7mm or 30-378 brass. So, I am not saying it's a great press, but it still works. Lots of leverage & quite a bit of window. I've still got to stick the 200 grn AccuBond into the seating die and then set the base into the 30-378 cases, but that's normal.

JT.

I have been using a Forster for about 8-9 months now. I used to use a RCBS Partner Press. I am nothing but impressed with the COAX. Very easy to use, and I like the way the arms and dies kind of float. Not sure if it helps, but it makes alot of sense to me. I use it for everything from 44 Mag to 338 Win Mag and the best part is not having to buy new shellholders. If I ever get a 45-70, I will have to get a different set of jaws, but the current ones work for everything. I actually use it for priming also. Just a nice press and seems like it is well built and will really last forever. I learned to reload on one and finally broke down and bought one when they were on sale for 215.00 or so from Midway. Best piece of equipment on my bench! Scotty

I bought mine from another reloader who had two, basically a press in new condition for a good price. I would look around if you are not in a hurry...jim

the Brown Truck dropped off the press today, I'm impressed with the press. not quite as bulky as i anticipated it to be. which is good, it will be a learning curve with the opening being in the front instead of the side like other presses.
If the weather corporates around here I hope to get out to do some shooting. so that I can use the press I'm in the middle of some load development, when I decided to change presses.

Duncan,

You will love the press. Congratulations on a great acquisition.

Start buying up the Hornady Lock N Load Rings. I have about all of my die sets changed over to them, but man, they work really well in the COAX. Scott

I am also looking at a new press.
I was wondering if you can use standard RCBS dies in the co-ax.

Blessings,
Dan

Yes sir, that is exactly what I use in mine. You can use any dies. I use RCBS dies and then have been switching all of the lock rings over to the Hornady style. They are made of steel rather than the aluminum Forster Rings, and seem to do a great job. Get one, I think anybody that uses it for any length of time will enjoy it. I have really gotten to like mine a whole lot. Scotty

Back