Got a new stock for the Savage....

cloverleaf

Handloader
Sep 10, 2006
Well, the trouble with long cold winter here in the big city is I cant get out and shoot to scratch my itchy trigger finger so I use the mouse to spend money I cant afford. My only real gripe is that awful stock shape on my Savage 93 ....no comb....and way to front heavy. So I clicked my way to a new Boyds stock last night. I shouldnt have (money thing) but I scored a "limited run" Boyds "Dakota Will" style stock for $69.00. The alledged list price was $140.00 but that may just be good salesmanship on there part. Any how the Gray Black Laminate stock with a Med high comb, a sporter foreend, and dual swivels and recoil pad, should be here friday. I kinda wanted somthing in walnut I could finish myself but I really caved in. I do NOT like that plastic Savage factory stock. Now it WILL be a long winter 'til I can get out in the garage and pillar bed it. Any body want to buy the synthetic stock?

Here's a link to the Boyds page. Careful now, or you will be poorer too! CL

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/DAKOTA-WI ... 99-206.htm

Congratulations, CL. Some of those Boyd's stocks are quite attractive. We sell quite a few up here.

Nice stock. You should not need to pillar bed that stock but may want to glass bed it instead. Shoot it and see!

cloverleaf Post subject: Re: Finally! Bought a savage! Just a little one though....Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:02 pm

Posts: 967 GRRrrrr......Sigh. Stiil more..... New stock arrived. Barrel Channel needs to be opened up and I need a trigger guard. These things I expected, as noted on the Boyds' web site. What I did not expect was uneven stain coverage and a cut out for the safety that is basically in the wrong place.....the forward action screw has almost no wood around it. Literally, The hole is milled in half and there is still plenty of room for the magazine if there was more wood there. The rear of the barrel/action is unsupported. I am certian this is supposed to be the right stock for my rifle, if a little older. I expected it would need some work but there isnt enough wood in the right places. A call will be in order come monday. Always fight it 110% percent of the way......CL

cloverleaf Post subject: Re: Finally! Bought a savage! Just a little one though....Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:48 pm

Posts: 968 If any one has an "E-Reciever" (that would be the accu-trigger model I think) and you could see your way clear to take a few pics of the action out of the stock, specifically the rear of the reciever and the trigger/safety area I sure would appreciate it. I am really thinking about trying to make this work. Thanks! CL

PS Sorry about doubling up on the posts dont know haow to move one to the other. CL

Back