Got my new Scope!!!

dezmick

Beginner
Mar 5, 2011
I just ordered my scope for my Winchester M70 Sporter 270 WSM, i have been trying to decide which one to get, and ended up getting the Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 Z-Plex becasue i was able to get it for 699.99, i could not pass up the deal and saving 130.00 on a great scope is a pretty good deal if you ask me.

You're going to love that scope. I have the same on my 300Wby, the only difference is mine is the stainless finish. It's gin clear and bright like the morning sun. Enjoy it! And get ready to find other, lesser scopes you own suddenly inferior and in need of replacement...it's a disease!

Have no fear. Both the deer I took this past season were with rifles wearing simple 3-9x40 Bushnell Elite 3200 scopes. These are $175 scopes, and they work just fine. Now, of course, if money were no object, all my rifles would be wearing Zeiss/Meopta/Minox, rather than just a couple, but, despite the phenomenal glass and my desire to upgrade, I can't bring myself to throw down all the cash it would take to upgrade my cadre of rifles - and I don't even have a bunch!

Congrats again. Post some pics when you get the rifle and scope together. That's a great power range for the 270WSM, by the way.

That is a great scope at a great price. It'll be all you want and more for your 270WSM.

Very nice! Congrats. Can't wait to see what it looks like all mounted up. Scotty

Nice scope, conratulations.
Let us know how it shoots for you.

JD338

My nephew has ordered a new Ziess with the rapid Z. Ziess is real good scope :).

Congrats I am sure it will perform.

Blessings,
Dan

I have that scope on my .257 Weatherby. Pretty nice scope. At some point I'm going to yank it off and send it to Zeiss for a target elevation turret.

BK":1jdway69 said:
I have that scope on my .257 Weatherby. Pretty nice scope. At some point I'm going to yank it off and send it to Zeiss for a target elevation turret.

I didn't know this was an option?

Details?

You have to send it to Zeiss, can't just buy it from the factory. I don't remember it being prohibitively expensive, maybe $130? I think you can get the target turrets in the 4.5-14x50, but I have the whole 50mm objective thing...

BK":z44o3ift said:
You have to send it to Zeiss, can't just buy it from the factory. I don't remember it being prohibitively expensive, maybe $130? I think you can get the target turrets in the 4.5-14x50, but I have the whole 50mm objective thing...

I looked at the 4.5x14-44mm with Target Turrets, but it only comes with the Z1000 or Mildot reticle. Neither of those work for me, BUT, if I could do a 4.5x14 with a #4 and add a elevation turret, game on! That would be the 264 scope!

Yeah, now that I think about it, you are right, it was the stadia reticles, which I don't really like. I knew there was some reason I didn't like them, just forgot why.

BK":2f4lcznz said:
Yeah, now that I think about it, you are right, it was the stadia reticles, which I don't really like. I knew there was some reason I didn't like them, just forgot why.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I want a #4 reticle with a target turret. That would be my idea of perfect...

Back