Hammer vs. Striker-fired

Tooter

Beginner
Oct 23, 2009
In the world of polymer framed pistols, such as Ruger's SR series or FNH's FNX and FNS, what would you guys perceive as the advantages/disadvantages of having a hammer or not. I like the idea of grabbing a pistol and just squeezing the trigger, be it SA or DA, without fumbling with a manual safety. My uses are occasional concealed carry but mainly just throwing bullets into the dirt pile in my back yard.

If it's just for shooting into a dirt pile, I don't think it really matters at all. Buy what pleases you.

Matter of fact, if it's for serious self-defense, I don't think it matters at all. Buy what pleases you.

Then buy a case of ammo, get some good instruction and practice until you've mastered the beast.

Guy

Guy Miner":i2uqavi9 said:
If it's just for shooting into a dirt pile, I don't think it really matters at all. Buy what pleases you.

Matter of fact, if it's for serious self-defense, I don't think it matters at all. Buy what pleases you.

Then buy a case of ammo, get some good instruction and practice until you've mastered the beast.

Guy

I agree!

Back