Hey fellas ..anybody using a 325 wsm?? or a 7 mm s.a.u.m.

AR_deerslayer

Beginner
Jul 28, 2011
hey guys/gals anybody shooting a 325 wsm. after reading a bit on one and stopping by the shop I now own one, took it to the hayfield yesterday and shot , love the gun so far .shoots great its a Browning X bolt SS and I topped it with a bushnell ELITE 3200 Firefly 3x9x50 ..had it touching holes 1 1/2 high @100 after about 8 shots .gun feels good and kick isnt as bad as I expected ,shooting nosler trophy grade 200gr, accubonds ,,it likes em so Ill stick with em ,,gonna order dies asap and play too ...what kind of yardage are yall shooting/killing big game with them ?? I also picked up a 7mm s.a.u.m. in a ruger m77MKII ss this weekend and topped it with a nikon monarch 6.5x20x44 ,,its a sweet shooter as well ,it touch holes @100 and I have it an inch high as well. any good things to say about either??? or bad ?? tell me some stories! ammo is a bit pricey but I intend on loading for both so shouldnt be an issue

...I'm shooting a Mod. 70 .325. A couple of 3 shot groups, shot the first one, covered it w pasties, shot the second...

32523shotgroups.jpg

...I went to the 220gr. Sierra GameKing, the only bullet that made sense for me. Original plan was a "brush gun", quickly became apparent that w/ the right bullet it was a very good distance rifle for elk. The 200gr. bullets didn't give me any real improvement on my .300WSM, but the high BC 220's dropped a few in. more @ 400yds, but delivered about 25% more energy, @ 600yds. velocities & Bullet drop are neck & neck, but the .325 is still carrying almost 20% more energy. Took two cow elk w/ it last year @ 250 & 350yds. I agree w/ your assessment of felt recoil, less than my .300WSM. I pack the .325 when the elk are down in the open foothills & 350-450yd. shots are a real possibility, it's also become my favorite for popping 500M. steel, you don't have to wonder if you've hit or not, the targets are gonna swing & it's no problem hearing the impact even in the wind... :mrgreen:

thats good shootin sir!!! which mod 70 is it? I was wanting a 70 with the semi heavy fluted brl, but didnt get it, also what kinda glass are you using, Im gonna shoot some @3-400 yrds this weekend after I take my daughter on youth hunt and see how it does Im really liking this rifle, Im a remington/winchester man , just couldnt pass up deal on the browning, seems like a nice rifle so far though Ive had a couple ss a bolts and they were ok too I plan on huntin muleys for first time and elk next year Im sure Ill be toting this gun

I'm shooting either 220 grain A-Frames or 200 grain PTs in my 325. So far, the 200 grain PTs have accounted for a moose and two elk. None went very far (actually, each died where it was standing). Great cartridge. My rifle is a Winchester Featherweight. It shoots either look consistently into 0.5 inches.

I bought my 15 year old a Savage 16 FSS in 325 wsm. 200 gr Nosler partitions with IMR 4350 at 2910 fps. Here is his first kill.

1131517558_wkt7r-L.jpg

thats a good pig...I ordered another box of nosler 200gr. ab today , ready to go stretch it out at 4-500 and see what happens . If any of you guys have any good load data fell free to share Im ordering dies too

The .325 WSM should be an elk killing machine with the right bullets and load! Browning X-Bolts are nice rifles.

I have4 shot out to 450 yards with my nosler 48 325 with 200 grain partitions. it shoots accubonds and barnes x all in 3/4" if I do my part. I don't handload(its expensive)but have had great success with superior ammunition. seeing what people are getting from accubonds i won't be going back to them. too much money for no real gain.

NOsler might still have a deal on their Loaded ammunition, buy two boxes and get the 3 free. I think you have to order it from them to get it.

Corey

Very nice rifle. That 325 is a cool round. The more I see of it, the more I like it. Seems like it really shines with 220's. Might be hard to beat the Sierra or Swift 220 for about everything. Scotty

Ah, Scotty, I don't believe you have a 325 WSM in your safe yet. When will this deficit be rectified?

DrMike":j5re5hnj said:
Ah, Scotty, I don't believe you have a 325 WSM in your safe yet. When will this deficit be rectified?

No sir, no 325 in the safe... Not sure the 338 or the 35 Whelen would let one in. Scotty

The Whelen would welcome the company, and the 338 would be only slightly agitated.

The 325wsm is one of my favorites - good choice! My favorite load is 66grns of IMR4350 under a 200grn AccuBond. I've taken 10 animals with it - 70yds to 435yds none of them went more than 30yds after hit! Congratulations on very sharp rifle!

Scott

Back