Homestead Shooting Ranges and Food Plot

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
Just some footage of the shooting ranges and food plot on the homestead. Nothing exciting.
The food plot was a jumble of brush and logging debris when I had it cleared last Spring.
I tilled and planted a supposed good mix for deer but due to drought conditions I couldn’t plant until late Autumn and a hard freeze killed it all. The grass came up there and the elk and deer seemed to like that so I may not plant it again.
My buddy was able to shoot an elk from the shooting bench in December so that was a plus.

You're having way too much fun with that drone and the videos. Excellent layout. I suspect that many of us envy you and the opportunities you have created. Good job!

You're having way too much fun with that drone and the videos. Excellent layout. I suspect that many of us envy you and the opportunities you have created. Good job!
I feel very fortunate being a career laborer in a paper mill to be able to enjoy the retirement on the homestead. We didn’t get rich by any means but it was good steady employment with 7 12 day vacations and 5 additional days off annually, a bit of a pension and was able to land a position for the last 25 years that didn’t beat up my body too badly.
The new hires are only getting about 70 percent of the wages we had and also lost the pension and a lot of the health care insurance we had.
I feel we are the last or close to the last generation to enjoy the hunting freedom in this part of the country as more and more places are either closed to the public or fee entry only.
As long as I have the homestead I will always have a place to hunt.

Man, that's a great set up you got out there. I'm not sure I could be trusted living where you do. I feel I got a good supply of components but if I could go out my door and shoot at will, then what I feel is a good supply might not last very long!

Man, that's a great set up you got out there. I'm not sure I could be trusted living where you do. I feel I got a good supply of components but if I could go out my door and shoot at will, then what I feel is a good supply might not last very long!
It rains so much here I actually don’t shoot much during the Winter. Got into pellet guns a couple of years ago and I have a bench set up under cover and enjoy doing that when the weather isn’t cooperating.

Back