How is your memory?

1Shot

Handloader
Dec 5, 2008
Sometimes I can't walk from one room to the other and remember what I went into the room for. But one thing that I WILL REMEMBER is the local sporting goods and their jacked up prices.
I went into the store yesterday mainly just to look around because it has been since March that I had been there. I thought I might pick up some CCI 450 primers if they had any. Only primers that they had were Federal large rifle mag and they wanted $60 a thousand. Went to look at the powder and they had a pretty good amount like they did back in March priced in the upper twenty to low thirty dollar range, BUT, they had it priced $40 to $60 a pound depending on flavor. Now I could understand this IF they had to pay a higher price from their distributor and then passed on the cost to their customer. BUT, it was the SAME POWDER they had back in March. You could see where they had put new price stickers over top of the old one. Went over to the bullets which were not as well stocked but they had doubled the price and again just put a new price sticker over the old ones. Same thing with ammo. Off brand "remanufactured" 9mm 115 FMJ that had been $9 a box now was $20.
They have lost my business FOREVER. Rant over for now :x

What was the question?

Yeah. same thing, but a smaller gouge, around here. No stickers on top of old stickers, so it may be newly aquired stock. Unsure what's happening at the wholesale level. WLRs are $45/1000. Still bargain 9mm (Defender @$16) & (Fiochhi) under $20/box. Limit of 2/per. At least he has some. My buddy just bought a 9 & is scratching his, er, head finding ammo for it. We did his 1st reloading lesson with range pickup brass. Wishing I had finished restocking primers a few months earlier.

I also have a good memory on those things. If I walk into a shop like you're describing, like you, it will be the last time. Guaranteed.

Loyalty is a 2 way street. Don't step on my neck if I'm already in a tight spot then pretend you're there for whatever I need in the future. The people calling to see if they have components and driving 2 hrs to get them at the jacked up prices, are not the people that keep them in business when things are normal. I woulda reminded them of that on the way out the door! As of now I can still get supplies, (those that are available anyways) for normal prices, but I'm good for now.

I remember businesses like that. They wouldn’t see another dime of my money.......EVER.

I’d also make sure everyone in every club I belong, message board, and range I went to knew about their BS sales practices. Just like you did here. If I may ask, what is the business name?

I agree that you should spread the news and avoid that place for good. I did the same with Dick's Sporting goods when they pulled their gun stunt ... I've never been back to their place nor spent one red cent with them since.

Waiting for them to go bankrupt then it's time to grill a nice burger while saying good riddance.

Back