This Elk was killed with a bow in the Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness. He

green scored 575" and should net out at about 530" non typical. He has

and unbelievable outside spread of 79". This is the biggest bull ever

taken with any weapon. Unfortunately it ain't me in the pix! :cry:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/aq/natarm/r1/se ... erroot.htm

bullelk.jpg

thats within a couple hours from here.

cant wait till rifle season now, makes me so anctious

the question is if its real or not, or if it was really shot in the selway, or on a high fence ranch somewhere

King of the mountian!
Long live the king.

Awesome beast.

JD338

:grin: Wow... :grin:

I thought my 51" spread 6x6 was big... It would fit inside the rack of that monster!

Outstanding... Simply outstanding. What an animal!

It ain't from Utah, I can guarantee that. the Utah record WAS from last year, but it was the Iverson elk that scored somewhere around 421 6/8's.

I would bet that pic is not real. Just looks really weird! Who knows...

Boone and Crockett Club are watching this one. They appear to be skeptical...

From their website: http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/trop ... E3462D4D22
Email Overload
September 29, 2006
This photo is circulating the internet at World's Record pace. The text accompanying the photo states that it was taken in the Selway Wilderness in Idaho with a bow and scores somewhere between 530-575.
B&C is reserving judgment on this bull. If this bull were, in fact, taken as a natural, free-ranging, wild, native elk from the Selway region of Idaho, it would be approximately 130-150 inches bigger than any elk ever recorded from that region.

UPDATE: Some sources (not yet verified) are pointing to a canned hunting facility in Quebec as the location of this bull, rather than a free-ranging elk in Idaho.

Some pics sent to me this morning by Mr. Lawrence (Thanks!)

Appears this was a Canadian game farm breeder bull known as Samurai. I'm not 100% sure, but believe the farm is http://www.pinemountainoutfitters.com/2005.php per JJ Hack. If he is from the pine mountain farm, they list hunting their breeder bulls by special request, running from 15 grand to 60 grand, U.S. dollars. Here's a couple of pics of Samurai during warmer months...
438777.JPG

438778.JPG

From Boone and Crockett's Trophy Watch:
UPDATE: Unless some horse packer left his feed pan full of oats in the Selway, this appears to be a game farm bull, reportedly out of Quebec.

BIGELK2175final.jpg

Great!
So it turned out to be a pet elk that someone shot! :evil:

THAT'S A BUNCH OF BULL SOMEONE SHOULD TAKE HIS GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DONT CALL THAT HUNTING. I CALL IT SHOOTING. :evil:

This really doesn't have anything to do with the elk picture, but it does relate to hunter ethics. I was watching a show on outdoor channel yesterday and was surprised at the out set when they claimed to have three desert bighorn sheep hunts on the show. 3? Well all three hunters took desert bighorn sheep with about as much effort as you would expect to take a mouflon sheep on a fenced ranch. They drove up in a 4x4 got out , the outfitter said the guides have some located over there and they went and shot the ram. At one point a guide was carrying the hunters rifle. All three hunters commented on rather this was their second or third of their slam. I guess the old saying of "all you need is money" is alive and well. I was just a little aggravated by the promoters of this show trivializing the most sought after trophy in north america.

Back