Hunting trip officially over.

iskan

Beginner
Oct 26, 2011
It's some time since I posted my pictures from my Moose hunt in Gros Morne National Park, NL Canada.

The trip is officially over, all the meat is cut, distributed to some friends, sausages made and my freezer is full.

Thanks for some of the comets on my pictures and looking forward to post some more next year. Might have to pick some grate minds about White Tail hunting, might be my first season Deer hunting in 2012.

Merry Christmas and happy new year.

Attachments

• 011_1057-1.jpg
    011_1057-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,139
  • 011_1067-1.jpg
    011_1067-1.jpg
    733.4 KB · Views: 1,139
  • 011_1069-1.jpg
    011_1069-1.jpg
    826.9 KB · Views: 1,139
  • 011_1078-1.jpg
    011_1078-1.jpg
    684.5 KB · Views: 1,139
  • 011_1093-1.jpg
    011_1093-1.jpg
    941.2 KB · Views: 1,139
  • 011_1104-1.jpg
    011_1104-1.jpg
    692.3 KB · Views: 1,139
That looks real good and I bet it sure tastes great too. Love the pics of the sausages hanging. We are enjoying our moose as well, just had some again last night in the form of moose tacos ....mmmm!

Funny, my wife took these out of the freezer for us for breakfast this morning.

Moose breakfast sausages , now if you excuse me I need to fininh making them and have breakfast :lol:
121.jpg

I alternate between moose, elk and whitetail, with a bit of bison thrown in occasionally. Interestingly enough, I made no sausage this year. I intended to make several different sausages from my mule deer, and then I never dropped a mulie. Iskan, post your recipe for sausage in the Recipes section sometime. I'm certain a lot of guys would find it interesting. The addition of figs is fascinating.

Wow, talk about pictures that make you HUNGRY. Those are just cruel and unusual! Great pictures ISKAN. Very cool. Scotty

Congrats on the filled freezer! Those are some really neat pics. I have had moose once, and it was very good. I bet that sausage is better than it looks :shock:

Congratulations Iskan!

Do you have any pictures of the bull / cow as well?

Was it your 1st time hunting in Canada? NL and New Brunswick have some very very good moose population, definately a destination of choice.

Cheers
Ben

I did post some pictures from this fall Moose hunt on Nov 18, link is here.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15207&start=210

It's not my first time hunting in Canada, I've been a PR since '98 and spent most of my time living in Canada north. Where I hunted Dall sheep and Caribou. Two Moose have been taken in Newfoundland where I've lived for the past six years.

I'll post my sausage recipe when back home and I intend to post my experience loading the 150g e-tip.

Good night.

Someone I missed those pictures Iskan - good camera work too!

Glad you like it up here. I'm in the Southern part of Quebec; wife is from Northern Ontario - best of both world when it comes to the outdoors and hunting :)

Looking forward to your receipe!

Cheers
Ben

I guess we will be fighting for the tags, I'm happy that I'll be calling Quebec home next year. My wife is from a place north of Montreal and we are moving just south of Quebec City.

I'll be looking to learn how to do things in Quebec, I might have to PM you CanuckBen. Must say I'm looking forward to the wide range of wilderness in Quebec.

iskan.

Back