Impulse buy.... why did I do it...!!

cloverleaf

Handloader
Sep 10, 2006
Stopped at Cabelas today to return an un needed X-mas gift. After standing in the return line for over an hour , come to find out the folding pruning saw did not com e from Cabelas as I had been told :roll: :evil: :evil: . So I take a look at the reloading stuff and the 20+ pounds of 4064 they had a couple week s ago is all gone :cry: no 100 grn BT in .25 :cry: :roll: :roll: So theres a guy standing there loading up on primers (I counted 5K in his cart :twisted: :twisted: ) so I grabbed a 1000 Large rifle CCI 200's and stormed out the door. I got them for $29.00 W/ tax so that wasn't too bad but more primers than I will ever need or use.... what was I thinking. I get torqued and get myself in more trouble that way....CL

Better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them...I have more primers than I'll ever use too. but they got so hard to find at one point when they came back around I bought enough to last me a lifetime, literally.

Troy,

Grab an 8 pounder of powder and a bunch of bullets and go have fun!

JD338

Wait 'til the next panic (especially if Hillary wrangles the election) and sell them for BIG bucks!

Nahhhh.....1000 primers isn't that hard to go through. Get a 22-250 or a 22 BR and go to town!

I have enough for about 2 years of normal shooting but as I get down in stock primers to maybe half what I have, I will buy more just to keep myself some stock

CL
You can never have "to many" primers. They are inexpensive and store well, for a longggggg time. My supply will last the rest of my lifetime, with many left over.

It's really nothing to fret about . I buy them by the case and the pistol primers don't last long at all. A cool dry place like and old refrigerator turned off makes for a great primer and powder storage locker. primers in the freezer area and powder in the main box keeps them separate. (y)

You can never have enough primers, think I have close to 6,000 or so combined for all my guns.
Got tired of the shortage a few times it happened over the years.

Elkman said it well too.

Don

JD338":2tn1j3hd said:
Grab an 8 pounder of powder and a bunch of bullets and go have fun!

I did that last year and now you can't find an 8# keg locally.

I have around 11000 primers on hand. So I am good for a bit.

CL - those 1,000 primers were a GREAT idea. (y)

Now, order up 1,000 of your favorite bullets, 8 pounds of powder, and get busy loading and shooting! :grin:

I always buy my primers by the thousand... Or more. And generally buy my powder in 8 pound jugs. And I like to get several hundred or a few thousand, of my favorite bullets when I buy.

Having adequate components on hand is a wonderful thing.

Sorry you had to wait in line so long. I hate lines. And waiting. Ugh.

Guy

You just need a .308 cal Black rifle. You'll want more of those primers.

I've found that when I have a large volume of components on hand, I tend to shoot more, and eventually BETTER.

Divernhunter":1b1p33ii said:
If 1000 primers is too many you are not doing enough shooting or hunting.

Fact that...! CL

Polaris":1b1p33ii said:
You just need a .308 cal Black rifle. You'll want more of those primers.

I've found that when I have a large volume of components on hand, I tend to shoot more, and eventually BETTER.

Lets hope so....CL

Just hope they will keep OK in an Ammo can in the garage. CL

$29 on an impulse buy is nothing to get upset about...now when you spend $800 like I just did on an impulse buy for a Colt LE6520...thats when your wife gets pissed!

That's ten bucks cheaper than I paid for 1000 fed 210s last week. A thousand should last me the year. Yeah, I know, I don't shoot enough.

I do not think that too many primers is in my vocabulary :wink:! I believe that I have in excess of 5,000 with small rifle, large rifles and large rifle magnum. I never seem to be able turn down a good deal :).

Blessings,
Dan

I stopped counting primers awhile back as I tend to buy another 1,000 every time I break open a box. In short, even if I don't need it, if it's available and I think I might need it later I buy it today.
One of my shooting buddies is loading primers from the early 90's.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Back