Leupold Rifleman scopes

Handloader
May 30, 2009
I have seen these at Wal Mart.Are they a cheap imported line?I have a good many Leupold scopes,just wondered how these compare.

Thanks

I do not believe they come with the leupold lifetime warr. You are better off buying the VX-I as a cheaper leupold scope.

The Leupold Rifleman line of scopes of offered to compete with all the other low cost scopes out there. It is a basic scope with lower quality glass and coatings, along with friction adjustments.
The VX I has been upgraded to being equal to the older Vari X II.
The VX II line was improved with Multi Coat 4 coatings essentially making them equal to the older Vari X III scopes.
The Vari X III has the same coating and index matched glass offering the brightest option. Now the Vari X III has been replaced by the VX-3.

I have always felt that optics are an investment, so buy the best you can afford. If you are going to shoot in low light conditions and/or long range, invest in the upper end of the optics. The glass will offer better clarity all the way to the edges, transmit more light and the adjustments will be positive AND repeatable.

IMHO, better to have better glass on a lesser rifle than the other way. You can't hit what you can't see.

JD338

I pretty much have all Leupold scopes, a couple of Zeiss, Burris,and B&L

I have one on my 7mm mag. (3x9x50) and really like it. They also come with a Lifetime warranty.

hotdog":2lzm1s17 said:
I have one on my 7mm mag. (3x9x50) and really like it. They also come with a Lifetime warranty.

hotdog,

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.

Thanks for letting us know that the Leupold Rifleman scopes also come with a lifetime warranty. That is good to know.

JD338

JD338":1p2dmo78 said:

The Leupold Rifleman line of scopes of offered to compete with all the other low cost scopes out there. It is a basic scope with lower quality glass and coatings, along with friction adjustments.
The VX I has been upgraded to being equal to the older Vari X II.
The VX II line was improved with Multi Coat 4 coatings essentially making them equal to the older Vari X III scopes.
The Vari X III has the same coating and index matched glass offering the brightest option. Now the Vari X III has been replaced by the VX-3.

I have always felt that optics are an investment, so buy the best you can afford. If you are going to shoot in low light conditions and/or long range, invest in the upper end of the optics. The glass will offer better clarity all the way to the edges, transmit more light and the adjustments will be positive AND repeatable.

IMHO, better to have better glass on a lesser rifle than the other way. You can't hit what you can't see.

JD338

+1

Back