M700 Classic 8x57JS

Eagleye

Beginner
Oct 21, 2004
I am really starting to like this rifle! I was out at the range this afternoon with it again, and it shot so well that I am totally elated. The 180 Ballistic tip chrony'd 2825 and the three groups were .77", .81" and .33" The 200 Partition graphed 2565 and shot .97", 1.03" and 1.19" The 170 Speer went 2900 and into .96" and 1.05" and some factory 198 grain Semi-spitzers went into .92" The only fly in the ointment is that the 180 shoot to a point about 2" higher than the Partitions. but at least they are up and down, not lateral spreads. Can't wait to get my hands on some 200 Accubonds. For certain this one is going mose hunting this fall! :grin: Regards, Eagleye.

Eagleye,
I have one as well and I really like it. I took it to South Africa just a couple of weeks ago. I mainly used my CZ 550 in 9.3x62 on the trip but I took two Impala and two Warthog with my 700 Classic in 8x57. It worked like a champ.
For more, see this thread:
9,3*62 african experience, anyone??
(I took one trophy Impala, one cull Impala and two cull Warthog with the 8x57. The culls are not pictured in the thread.)

-Bob F.

Bob; Nice work!! Glad you are happy with both your "European" chamberings. I have always admired these relatively short, but potent packages. I know exactly what will happen to Mr Swampdonkey when he gets one of those 200 Partitions in the ribs!! :lol: Moose steaks, coming right up! :eek: Regards, Eagleye.

Eagleye,
I to am well pleased with mine with the 180 gr BT.

I would like to know the specs on your load if you don't mind.