Meopta Meostar R1

tddeangelo

Handloader
May 18, 2011
Anyone have one or handled it?

I think I know what it'll be like, but wondering who's been "hands-on" with one....

Thanks Fotis.

I was thinking rifle scope. I am sure the glass and coatings will be top notch. I would be interested in the turrent system and repeatability.

JD338

JD338":2ijygk18 said:
Thanks Fotis.

I was thinking rifle scope. I am sure the glass and coatings will be top notch. I would be interested in the turrent system and repeatability.

JD338

Same here. Some folks on another forum with opinions on optics that generally match mine tell me the Meopta will be exactly what I'm looking for. Issue is, I have yet to locate a retailer close by who carries the Meostar scopes for me to eyeball one. I'm just starting to think that this new 300WSM I bought, well, I'm not sure I want to compromise much on anything on it. A buddy of mine from another forum is semi-local and found a sporting goods store blowing out Talleys, and they have 30mm sets for my rifle for around $25. Really thinking the M70 would be well-serviced with a set of Talley's and a 30mm Meostar scope.... my end goal is that I hunt where I may well get my chance at the tail end of light (or right on the front edge of shooting time), and at some distance. That being the case, I want that 300WSM to have the optics to reach out into the dim (but legal, of course) light and zap a whitetail who thinks he's being sneaky.

I was going to go with a Conquest or VX3, and I know both are great optics, but I'm thinking of kicking it up a notch.

I own a Meopta Meostar R1 3-10x50, and have in mounted on my Browning X-bolt 7mm WSM, using Talley one piece light weight mounts, it is a great scope and performs excellent, with no trouble holding zero, the turrets are good with positive clicks, and as for the clarity it is top notch, i only paid $599.00 for mine which is a steal, so if you are thinking of getting one do it, they are a very nice scope, the only thing that you might not like is the eye relief, it is about 3.5 inches, but it stays right there at all magnifications. I hope this helped you out. Mick

FRom some of the information i've been given and found out, I hear they make the Conquest line of scopes for Zeiss! Im not 100% on that but there is too much info out there to deny that. Meopta has factories in the Cell Blocks and they grind their own glass and have the facility to make alot of optics for alot of companies... I do knwo they make all of the Cabelas optics, scopes and binos...
Just because its not a $2000 Night focrce or a $3500 Schmidt, it can still work.. USE THE RIGHT TOOL for the job... You don't need a scope like that to shoot an elk at 400yds... its all this TACTICOOOOOL bullshit being pushed out on the web...
JMO... later

Back