My Father's Firearm Collection

DrMike,
I was thinking along those same lines, putting myself in my dad's shoes.
Thank you for expressing eloquently the complexity of the situation.
Also, I wish I could help more with their situation as well. I'm 15 hours away, and that doesn't make it an easy situation.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

You know, I wasn't able to put it into words until now.
I'm not about the monetary value of my dad's firearms. And I hope everyone can understand, it's all about the good times I had with my dad while out hunting or shooting, and the memories made while doing so. I won't replace those. It's about the camaraderie I had not only with my dad, but with my grandpa as well. My dad helped me shoot his Winchester 1873 Carbine when I was 5 out behind my grandpa's house in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Not long after that, I was going out pheasant hunting with my dad, and unwittingly being used as a bird dog, not complaining one bit while doing so, and watching my dad snipe the birds out of the Iowa sky with his Ithaca SKB 12ga SXS shotgun. I felt so proud of him, because he always shot way more birds than he missed with that shotgun. When taking a small break from pheasant hunting, we would squirrel hunt during "lunch" break. We would go to a different spot, and walk for birds, but happened to come across a rabbit, and my dad popped it on the run, right in the head. Well....I can go on and on. Sorry folks.
Thought I might reminisce a little.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Back