My first experience @ Match shooting.

Bigwheels

Beginner
Sep 17, 2006
High all,I just wanted to say that I had a great time @ Machias today.I was the only F-Class shooter there,but Nobody seemed to mind.Everyone was friendly,& helpfull.It was snowing most of the time,but not enough to affect the scores.I shot 3 strings of 20.The first,& second in sucsession,& scored a 194,& 10 X's the first. 198,& 9 X's the second,& a 200,& 12 X's the last.This was useing the 1 moa 500yd. targets,so I don't know what I would have scored on the new 1/2 moa targets.Anyway,I'm glad I finally had a chance to shoot.& THANKS!! to Guy Miner for all the info,you gave me to help me get started! I can't wait for the mext match! :grin:

Hey that's great! I had to work this weekend, so no match for me.

Glad you got out. Sounds like you shot well too!

Regards, Guy

I was pretty happy with the score.I'm sure I could have done better,but I had never shot more than 10 rnd's in a string before that.This time I fired 20 with a couple minute break,& another 20 right after.So the tube got hot for the first time,& caused some mirage problems.The guy's told me a few tricks to fix it but I am now going to get a strap for the heat.That should get those pesky 9's out of the way.
There's a match on the 9th.@ Machias. I'm pretty sure I'll be there.Maybe I'll see you there.

Back