My need for another Gun.... Coyotes

I'd buy a heavy barrel SPS Varmint in .243. Shoot 105 Amax's in it and be done. I have one I ran a .243AI reamer in that will shoot 5 shots in 1/2". I put a brake on it so I can watch the bullet impact and the recoil is literally like a .22lr. Even if you punch it to .243AI factory .243Win. ammo will still work through it.

longrangehunter":54vslsnu said:
truck driver":54vslsnu said:
If she is that recoil sensitive I can't see her shooting anything but a 22 rim fire. The retort of the round being fired would be more than see could handle and flinch badly. I've seen some women who couldn't stand the sound of a gun going bang and just plain jump out of thier skin. I should also add some men also.
It sounds like you need to train her to shoot with something small like a pellet rifle and progress to the noise makers if she is really interested and don't try to make her do something she doesn't want to do. It would be the worse thing you could do and she would end up hating guns and hunting.

You could be right Truck Driver, I think I'll have her shoot my 22LR High Standard Supermatic Tournament this weekend, but with her eyesight issues I don't think will work out so well using Iron Sights on a Pistol.
Start her out at 7yds and walk back after she starts to hit on a consitent bases. Also use reactive targets that will clang or move when hit. Have her concentrate on the front sight.
All jokes aside my wife is legally blind in one eye and can't see out of the other and she bowls and pitches horse shoes. She has had 600 sets in 10 pins and 400 sets in duck pins. She was the state class B champ in horse shoes and has pitched and came in third place in the world horse shoe tournament in her class.
It's all about attitude and support.

I have a .204 Ruger which is on the light side for coyotes, so, I use my .257 Roberts with 85 grain bullets. I =n my .257 Bob the 85 gr bullets leave the muzzle at 3395 fps with 44.0 grains of IMR 4064. This load will handle any coyote easily, as far as I can see them.

IdahoCTD":3fmwpu1c said:
I'd buy a heavy barrel SPS Varmint in .243. Shoot 105 Amax's in it and be done. I have one I ran a .243AI reamer in that will shoot 5 shots in 1/2". I put a brake on it so I can watch the bullet impact and the recoil is literally like a .22lr. Even if you punch it to .243AI factory .243Win. ammo will still work through it.

My thoughts exactly. Get one of the laminate stocked standard models if you want to leave it alone, or the SPS-V if you want to tweak it more.

Back