Need .340 Weatherby Reloading data for 225 g Accubonds

solonglake

Beginner
Nov 2, 2005
I am having trouble finding reloading information for my .340 weatherby with 26" barrel. Any one here reloading this? If not, Can I safely assume that I can compare known loads for the .340 Weatherby and the .338 RUM with identical bullets and adjust the the usual difference between the two? I think the Weatherby usually comes out to be 2.0 to 2.5 grais less than the RUM.

solonglake,

STOP!

Putting together loads without reliable loading data could result in serious injury.

There is loading data available from Nosler in their loading guides as well as from several powder manufactures.

What bullet weight and powder(s) are you considering?

Regards,

JD338

Don't worry, this is not something I was going to do unless this was a well recognized practice without risk. I have already ordered the Nosler reloading guide, but was hoping to save a couple of days. After all, my rifle is calling me to shoot. It will just have to wait until next week.

Forgot the second part of your post. I am looking to use the 225 grain AccuBond with RL 19. Also Wanting to use the Swift Scirocco at 210 grains and the Hornady Interbond with the same powder.

solonglake,

Here is a preview:

340 Wby
225 gr PT/AB
Wby case
Fed GM215 primer
RL19
Start load is 79.0 grs. MV 2790 fps
Mid load is 81.0 grs. MV 2866 fps
MAX load is 83.0 grs. MV 2942 fps

Also, most accurate powder listed is IMR4350. You might also want to consider RL22. This powder shoots the 200 gr BT, 210 gr PT and 225 gr
PT bullets under .5" in my 338 RUM.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

JD338

Thanks for the preview and advice! I had just purchased some RL 22 Today, and will now have to look for some IMR4350. This is just the most fun!

Back