Need Help

Gunner46

Handloader
Jan 12, 2015
I got my Ruger back yesterday, from JES. The re-bore job I was excited about.

Went to restock it and the trigger shoe was broken off and the safety tang were gone, gone.....Gone !

I called Ruger Customer Service and was told Brass Tacks, if it comes here, it goes backs to factory specs..... End of 338 Fed project ( & $700). They will only fix it & return it back to the 308. End of Decision.

Do you know of a good Smithy that can do a trigger assembly job for me ??

I should remember your A/O. I don't. Blagg rifles; Pendleton, Oregon does good work. He built a stock for my Jarrett this last fall, beautiful work. Didn't like how the worn chericote finish on the barrel looked, so he cleaned that up. The trigger felt a little gritty to him, so he cleaned that up as well. No extra charge, hoped I didn't mind.
He will get my next project for sure, a 6.5 creedmore in an ultralight package.
Good luck
Don

Bummer, Gunner46. Sorry to hear of this latest turn. However, a good smith should be able to have you up and shooting in short order.

Ruger does good work, but yes, they usually just do whatever they're going to do - meaning get the rifle back to the way they built it... Typically.

Don't know where you are, but I know several good gunsmiths in Washington State who could handle that, no problem.

Guy

Take the barrel off and send the action back. Then you will have a new 308 barrel to boot!

Yeah Fotis, but at what charge ? I only payed $289 for the rifle, and I have $700 into the project so far....

Williams Gun Sight
7389 Lapeer Road
Davison, MI 48423
Rob Canz
810 653 2131

JD338

Man that is unfortunate, I hope you are able to get a smith to help you out?

Blessings,
Dan

Was it broken/lost in shipping or from JES? If it was shipping the insurance should cover it and if it was JES they should fix it.

Who/How/When/Where it was broke isn't getting it fixed. I'll worry about Blame after I figure out how to keep this project moving forward.

JD338":1lvodlrt said:
Williams Gun Sight
7389 Lapeer Road
Davison, MI 48423
Rob Canz
810 653 2131

JD338

2nd vote for Rob, great guy who does amazing work.

Thanks Guys. I called Rob today.......Nadda. We talked, nice guy, but couldn't get a plan worked out.

A friend in VA, from another forum, hooked me up with his guy, Jack. I called him today and he has 2 American triggers on hand, from some previous work, just missing the link pin and the button.

I have the link pin. JES sent it back with the re-bored barreled action, and after Jack & I talked, we figured out that a button might be able to be scrounged/re-worked from a M77 lightweight, or an old M77 tang safety. Worst case, grind and drill off a Moss 500 !!!!

Anyway, that is what a GOOD smith, that knows his $!it, will do if you can just find him............

Back