New barrel out for a shot!

HomerOz

Handloader
Sep 13, 2012
G'Day Fella's,

Finally, quite some time after I had worked up an accuracy load for this rifle (in 6.5 x 47 Lapua, I finally fitted new rings and a new Nightforce scope and got it to the range recently!
This is one boring rifle!
By boring I mean in a good way, as the first 4 shots almost went thru one ragged 7mm-ish hole, at 110 yards!
Then I had to shoot the 5th shot didn't I...............
Well that blew that didn't it, I ended up with a hole twice the size....BUGGER! and Doh!!!!
Here's a few images of the rifle. I'll find the target again and get an image of the group ASAP.
011.JPG
012.JPG

Doh!
Homer

Interesting name for the rifle! :mrgreen: It seems always to be the case that the final shot ruins the grouping. Happens to me all the time. Great cartridge, BTW.

G'Day Dr Mike,

Yes, the original barrel for this rifle, is .22-250AI, and it gets some use on long ranging Rabbits etc!
So when the opportunity came along, Hopper Stopper it was!!!

Dr MIke, I'm no BR shooter but I'm lucky to have some exceedingly boring/accurate rifles, pity I can't make the most of that accuracy!
The 6.5x47 Lap cartridge, is rapidly becoming a yet another favorite of mine!!!

Doh!
Homer

Cool rifle. Hardly ever see a 6.5x47L that doesn't shoot like a son of a gun!

G'Day Fella's,

I located the target I mentioned above.
Whilst the group might be a bit bigger........ than I remembered, here it is!
001.JPG
FYI, I also use Lapua cases, CCI BR2 Primers, and 40.0grns of ADI AR-2209 powder.
Pity I can't shoot as well as this rifle can...... but I'm trying and hopeful!!!

Doh!
Homer

Quite respectable, Homer. Five shots? Not bad at all. (y) That'll do. I think many of us have rifles that shoot far better than our capabilities.

G'Day Fella's,

Thank You Dr Mike!
I'm please to hear I'm not the only one in this Accuracy Boat!!!

By the way, a Big THANK YOU to Nosler, for making such great bullets!

Doh!
Homer

Gotta love the 47! Great shooting, and don't worry about that fifth shot, I did the same thing the other day with mine, let my buddy shoot next and dang if it didn't happen to him on shot five....darn range monkey! I shoot 140 Hybrids with 40.0grs H4350, I assume that's the equivalent powder you're using?

Again, great shooting homer!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 905
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 905
Homer,
Great shooting rifle.
I too am an accuracy nut. Us nuts have to stick together. :)

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

That little cartridge is making a big name for itself...

Good shooting!

Guy

Guy Miner":204vxzgi said:
That little cartridge is making a big name for itself...

Good shooting!

Guy

That is the truth! It seems to be a well-mannered cartridge that will git 'er done.

Homer that is a great looking rifle & that NF makes it complete :wink:. Man that accuracy is very impressive!!! Congratulations & thank you for the range report with photos (y).

Blessings,
Dan

G'Day Fella's,

Thank You all, for your kind words and comments!

1000yardline, thats a great lookin (love that CF stock!) and obviously accurate rifle as well!
Yes H4350 and AR-2209 are the same powder, made here in Oz by ADI.
I'm glad I'm not the only person that has problems with shootin 5 shot groups!!!

Regards
Homer

Back