New Camera

BruceP

Beginner
Jun 22, 2017
I got a new (to me) camera body a few weeks ago and am still playing around with it a little at a time when I can.
The other morning I was sitting on the front porch drinking my coffee and trying to get a humming bird to cooperate and then the storm clouds started to roll past to the south/southeast. It wasn't quite as dark as the foreground makes it appear but the clouds were moving too fast to stack multiple images to get more detail in the foreground. but after I started work the image I kind of like it this way anyhow. The one of the humming bird is actually pretty heavily cropped and still looks decent.
6M8A8313.jpg
6M8A8276.jpg

A good eye for detail. Everyone appreciates seeing what is seen every day put on pause. It reminds us that beauty is all around, if we only allow our eyes to see.

Very nice! Which camera body did you get?

Guy
Guy I’ve been a Canon shooter since I went digital and the latest is the 5D IV. I really like the images from the 6D I have and it’s not going anywhere but the 5D IV has a better autofocus system with a lot more focus points and I thought that might help with the wildlife.
The hummingbird was taken with the 5D IV a 300m f4L lens and 1.4 tc a then cropped in quite a bit.

Wildlife photography can be awesome, and a bit frustrating as well. Hard to get some of those critters to hold still in the perfect light and at the perfect position.

I read about folks in Yellowstone trying to coach the buffalo critters for better close-up photos. Keeps the ambulance service busy there... ;)

Canon makes a great camera! We use a couple of them at the shop. Very nice, and with a robust array of lenses available. I don't use those cameras often, but I'm really impressed with the results they produce.

Guy

Wildlife photography can be awesome, and a bit frustrating as well. Hard to get some of those critters to hold still in the perfect light and at the perfect position.

I read about folks in Yellowstone trying to coach the buffalo critters for better close-up photos. Keeps the ambulance service busy there... ;)

Canon makes a great camera! We use a couple of them at the shop. Very nice, and with a robust array of lenses available. I don't use those cameras often, but I'm really impressed with the results they produce.

Guy
The canon full frame cameras are awesome. At least the two I have. Don’t get me wrong the 50D cropped sensor I have is a good camera. But the 6D has a much more usable high ISO. I’ve read that the high ISO on it is better than the 5D IV but I haven’t had time to do a comprehensive test on that yet.

Last edited:
Back