New gun decision...

I think the case hardened Winchester would tickle my fancy followed by the Kimber Classic.

Scott

26NosFan,
Bite the bullet (so to speak) or you'll be kicking yourself for not grabbing that 338 Federal when you could!
Those Selects look like beautiful rifles!

yes sir, its a consignment rifle and it seems to be near new and priced as such. It has an absolutely beautiful stock and VERY light(5 lbs 10oz I believe w/ 22" barrel) the only thing that turns me off is the matte finish. A rifle that nice should have a deep blue like the super America. They don't offer the 338 Federal anymore so there is that too.

A good gunsmith can correct that matte finish to a nice blued finish for you!
Or you could get really classy with it and have it blued in French Gray...
Share pics when you get it home!

Well it wasn't on the list but came across this in the local classifieds couple weeks ago I've taken it out once to shoot and no the magnums are not very fun. I picked up some cowboy action loads which should be pleasant for the range and some hard cast for carrying in the mountains. Anyway it scratched the itch for now, even went to the LGS this evening, with permission from the wife that I could only buy one new gun, and walked out empty handed. (Those 25-06s are both still there tempting me though, oh and now a sig p210)

Attachments

• 20200531_144727.jpg
    20200531_144727.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 119
  • 20200531_144709.jpg
    20200531_144709.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 119
Two years ago I bought a Ruger Security Six and I absolutely love this gun. I saw a Ruger Redhawk on the shelf as well. I had it in my hands, and that gun felt and looked beautiful. But the price on it was almost twice as much as on Security Six! I thought I wouldn’t find a holster for my revolver before I read some valid suggestions at ballachy.com. As I said, I love my Security Six, and if didn’t care for money at all I’d have bought a Redhawk.

Last edited:
Slim- you are to be commended for narrowing your choices to such a fine list! Beyond that, you are on your own sir!;) CL

Back