New "range bag"

tddeangelo

Handloader
May 18, 2011
My wife and kids got me one of these:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fish...=SBC;MMcat104793480;cat104777280;cat104619780

They got the largest size, and it works GREAT as a range bag. It has a hard, sturdy plastic "floor" in it. I can stow my spotter, table-top tripod, front tripod rest, ammo, hearing protection, notebook, large tripod, and chrony in it and carry it over my shoulder. This ends my multiple trips to and from the house to load the truck with gear, then multiple trips from the truck to the line at the range, and then reversing both on the way home.

Just figured I'd post it....seems to be a pretty well made bag, and works great for carrying gear to and from the range.

Tom,

That's a pretty good looking bag for the range. What a thoughtful Father's Day gift! Wasn't that supposed to be tomorrow?

DrMike":2apbqrb5 said:
Tom,

That's a pretty good looking bag for the range. What a thoughtful Father's Day gift! Wasn't that supposed to be tomorrow?

It is tomorrow, lol, but I was getting my stuff for the range together and my wife decided I should open that particular gift today. Actually, she also go me another item I opened today, which was a plastic ammo case for WSM rounds. I've been making my standard plastic ammo boxes work by putting them in bullet down and just pushing them in till they're snug, but it was much nicer having the proper size storage box.

Plus, I knew they'd gotten them, since my wife had to ask me for what the things were in order to go get them, lol.

It's just nice to not have to make a million trips ferrying items in and out of the truck both going and coming.

Since it's a fishing-oriented bag, it has rubbery net pouches on the outside. The ranges I go to require membership cards to be displayed. I put mine in plastic sleeves and tossed them into the end net pouch of the bag. Easily seen, and I never have to worry if I have my membership card.

I actually got the idea for it when I got a smaller size bag for Christmas from my mother-in-law (for those who haven't used it, Cabela's wishlist ROCKS.....makes it much easier to get stuff you actually WANT!) for my river fishing tackle. One look at the bag and I thought "a big version of this would be the thing to have for a range bag." Kept meaning to buy one all year and it never seemed to happen. Now I don't have to! :)

I have a similar one, maybe a little smaller. Wish I would have bought it years ago. Everything in its place in one place. Enjoy! CL

Glad you posted this! I had never thought of something like that so I went and added it to my Cabela's "wishlist". Maybe I'll get one for Christmas from the wife or kids. :wink:

Back