Nosler Resizing Dies & Technique for Bullet Accuracy Tests?

Bart B.

Beginner
Feb 17, 2009
What does Nosler do?

Full length resize? If so, how much?
Partial full length resize?
Neck only resize?

What case prep is done?

Thanks.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you mean what do we all do to load Nosler bullets and brass? What does Nosler the company do to load their ammo?

As for me, I tend to FL size brass until the shoulder fits in the chamber perfectly. Then I load bullets. Partitions and cup/core bullets seem to work at 0.02 or 0.03 off the lands. Accubonds seem to like more jump, as much as 0.1 or more. I wouldn't start them closer than 0.05 off.

Berger also has a good system for bullet seating depth. http://www.bergerbullets.com/getting-th ... our-rifle/

Brass prep otherwise consists of buying quality brass (Lapua or Nosler preferred) and trimming when needed. And annealing after every firing to extend case life. Other brass prep is a waste of time. Cleaning is also a waste of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what Nosler does but what I've found to work for me. Neck sizing can extend case life a bit over full length but if you adjust your FL die to where it bumps the shoulder just enough so the bolt still feels the case being chambered case life will be closer to the same. Using a bushing die will add a bit of case life when FL sizing. I like to seat bullets no more than .010" from the lands and still have at least .200" of the bullets bearing surface in the case mouth. I like to use a powder that fills the case any where from the shoulder to the base of the neck. I stick with primers that are known for accuracy that fit the case. If the primer takes too much force to properly seat you will ruin consistency. I don't change these when working op a load. I try different powders but mostly stick with powders that are proven to be accurate. I load 10 rounds, go to the range, come back measure and record the results. Then make adjustments.
Billy

Back