Nosler seconds oops

pharmseller

Handloader
Feb 13, 2012
So I buy almost all of my bullets from Nosler through Shooter's Pro Shop. I've been doing so for years, no complaints.

This evening, while rolling some of my world-famous Mighty -08 140 grain Partition loads I found an odd addition to the bag of bullets.

image_zpsyb04mf09.jpeg

As Sesame Street taught us, one of these things is not like the other. In fact, it's a lot like a .277" 150 grain Long Range AccuBond.

This is a first for me. Try as I might, I couldn't get it to seat. Weird.

P

I have found a few rouges over the years. I believe the last one was 155gr .30 match in bag of 168gr.

pharmseller - it looks like they gave you more than you bargained for! :grin:

I ran into a .311" Partition bullet in a bag of blem 7mm partitions. Nosler didn't make a .311 Partition then or now I don't think. Myself and another forum member got batches of 140gr blem ballistic-tips recently with grey tips rather than red.

I once found a 32 caliber hollow base wad cutter bullet in a 500 box of 38 caliber hollow base wad cutters from Speer. I have never seen a 32 HBWC and don't think Speer ever produced them for regular sales. I also got a bag of 50 Remington 270 Win. cases and one of them did not have a flash hole punched in it.

Back