OMEGA Z5 and BREECH PLUGS

STW

Beginner
Apr 18, 2006
New TC Omega 50 cal muzzleloader showed up in the mail today. Mounted a Leupold VX3 2.5-8 on Leupold bases and Dual dovetail low rings. The owner of PR Bullet supplied me with a couple of breech plugs to use in place of the factory 209 breech plug.One is a breech plug machined to accept 25ACP brass primed with small rifle primers to be used with black powder or substitute.
The other breech plug accepts what is called LRVF. Large rifle vari-flame adapter. These adapters are primed with large rifle primers and can be primed and de-primed using a shell holder which accepts a 22 Hornet case (RCBS#12). They are to be used when trying to ignite the Blackhorn 209 powder. I hope to get out and shoot this using Triple 7 FFG and a selection of 250 grain bullets. Should have a range report by this Sunday the 17th of June. Weather permitting.

Attachments

• OMEGA 001.JPG
    OMEGA 001.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,677
  • OMEGA 002.JPG
    OMEGA 002.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,677
  • OMEGA 003.JPG
    OMEGA 003.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,677
That is very cool stuff STW. I haven't driven into the ML's headfirst for awhile, but that seems like a reliable ignition system and I have to keep a couple LR primers around!

Back