One Piece Talley mount/rings

bullet

Handloader
Dec 26, 2007
I have on the way a set of Talley Lightweight 2-Piece Scope Mounts with Integral 1" rings Matte Low, will give me a more ridged mounting of my scope and actually reduce the total weight of my rifle from 7.8 to 7.6 pounds and that is outstanding considering the fact that I have a medalist stock, while really looking nice on my M48 TGR 7mm-08. :mrgreen:

884645.jpg

You'll really enjoy these mounts, Mike. I have them on about 1/3 of my rifles. They are excellent mounts.

DrMike":12t3fcej said:
You'll really enjoy these mounts, Mike. I have them on about 1/3 of my rifles. They are excellent mounts.

You know Mike, other friends of mine who put me on to these give the same critique you have given. I am convinced that the scope in the long run will consistently track well, even after a long period of time on the rifle.

I've got those on my Colt Light Rifle, and they're terrific. Very easy to mount, very concentric right from the factory. Mine didn't require lapping much at all. Great setup. I've considered swapping out other rifles, but I really like the Signature Ring setup from Burris. Now, a set of Talleys with inserts? That would be heaven! I've been thinking of changing out the bases on my 270Wby, and strongly considering Talleys. Now you've got me thinking about it again, Mike. Just when I'd decided to leave it alone and just swap to high rings for the new 50mm scope. Darn you!

Oh, and for a bit of information, Talley makes their rings right over in a little bitty place in South Carolina called Santee. That's right on the Santee Cooper reservoir, and not too far from a little town called Manning. I've got an uncle, aunt, and some cousins over there. Good folks in that part of SC.

dubyam":1w84xhpr said:
I've got those on my Colt Light Rifle, and they're terrific. Very easy to mount, very concentric right from the factory. Mine didn't require lapping much at all. Great setup. I've considered swapping out other rifles, but I really like the Signature Ring setup from Burris. Now, a set of Talleys with inserts? That would be heaven! I've been thinking of changing out the bases on my 270Wby, and strongly considering Talleys. Now you've got me thinking about it again, Mike. Just when I'd decided to leave it alone and just swap to high rings for the new 50mm scope. Darn you!

Oh, and for a bit of information, Talley makes their rings right over in a little bitty place in South Carolina called Santee. That's right on the Santee Cooper reservoir, and not too far from a little town called Manning. I've got an uncle, aunt, and some cousins over there. Good folks in that part of SC.

Well anything I can to do to keep as many of us addicted to shooting and all related stuff dubyam, I am happy to enable since I enabled myself and love company. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I thought I was settled on my set up until I saw a friends and the whole thing just shouted out to me, "Mike if you have any common sense then get a set of these" so I did. :mrgreen:

They look nice Mike. Had them on a Vanguard I had at one point. Pretty nice rings and the price is very reasonable.

Bullet,
Congratulations on a good choice. That's pretty much all I run on my rifles. As a side note, when I had trouble putting regular M700 rings on my Legacy because of a short scope length, they immediately sent me a modified (extended) front, and asked me to send in the old one "when I got a chance." Service like that is uncommon anymore. Talley and Nosler seem to get it.
Joe

EOD Diver":33swx2ta said:
Bullet,
Congratulations on a good choice. That's pretty much all I run on my rifles. As a side note, when I had trouble putting regular M700 rings on my Legacy because of a short scope length, they immediately sent me a modified (extended) front, and asked me to send in the old one "when I got a chance." Service like that is uncommon anymore. Talley and Nosler seem to get it.
Joe

Yes, they do seem to get it right. I have mounted them and now my rifle weights 7.6 pounds, is that not cool or what and that is with a medalist stock. I will be shooting it Monday morning to sight in and finish my initial LR Duplex sight-in.

Well, I have changed my bases and rings on my Nosler M48 TGR in 7mm-08 to Talley Lightweight 2-Piece Scope Mounts with Integral 1" Rings Matt Low. Will be going to sight-in my load for my Leupold FX II 6x36mm LR Duplex. My rifle now weighs 7.6 pounds and that is with a medalist stock, feels great.

IMG_2591640x427.jpg

I wish I had put the FX II 6x scope on in the first place. Clear edge to edge and much better clarity and brighter than my 6x power Weaver and Fullfield II variable scope when set on 6x power, and lighter than both those scopes, while not changing the balance point of my rifle. One of the strongest pluses for the FX II is the exceptional long eye relief, just another added benefit. I am very pleased with my outcome in trying to tailor this rifle in making it as perfect as I can a mountain rifle for spot and stock with the added benefit of being very handy in a tree stand. This whole thing with this TGR, Leupold scope and now the Talley one piece mount and ring set has really turned out well and being a short action in a 7mm-08 is an extra plus.

Looks to be an excellent move, Mike. I do like the Talley rings; I have them on about 1/3 of my rifles.

DrMike":x10ns4z5 said:
Looks to be an excellent move, Mike. I do like the Talley rings; I have them on about 1/3 of my rifles.

These are cool. I did it for four reasons. 1. For rigidity so nothing has a possibility of moving between receiver and scope. 2. For squareness of center of scope to center of bore. 3. For a great balance advantage so the mounts and scope do not change the balance point of the rifle, keeping the same balance point as if there were no scope on the rifle. 4. For weight reduction.

I was able to accomplish all of the above with the Talley's

Love em
Run them every hunting rifle I can.
I also like their Tactical rings and use them.

I don't use much of their one piece mounts, but I really like their QD set up on my 338. Very nice machine work on their stuff. Plus, their customer service is excellent. You get to talk to someone, right off the bat. They are very friendly and very helpful. Great American company.

I have the same mounts on my 300WSM, and I have Talley bases and "fixed" rings on my 264WM. I see most of my other mounts eventually going away in favor of Talley, as time and funds permit.

I wondered why you weren't using the Talley's when I asked you about the Leupold's that you had on that rifle earlier? Anyhow, I think that the Talley's should work just fine and they look clean and nice on the Nosler rifle. It should be a trick mountain rifle with that 6X and those mounts. :p

I too use the Talley's on most of my rifles, they look good and they are lightweight and strong, and they are not very expensive.

Back