Pay attention!

Sorry about thinking that way Guy! 🤪

I think it was about 8 years ago that I double-charged a batch of 45 ACP's. Caught that mistake at about the 20th cartridge. Instead of 5.0 grains of Bullseye... I was dumping 10.0 grains in! That would have done bad things to my 1911 I think. Pretty sure I posted on this forum about that as well.

There's a reason I prefer bulkier powders that pretty well fill the case, but Bullseye worked so doggone well with my 45 and 38 handguns... I don't think I have any of it left now, and that's fine.

Guy

I think it was about 8 years ago that I double-charged a batch of 45 ACP's. Caught that mistake at about the 20th cartridge. Instead of 5.0 grains of Bullseye... I was dumping 10.0 grains in! That would have done bad things to my 1911 I think. Pretty sure I posted on this forum about that as well.

There's a reason I prefer bulkier powders that pretty well fill the case, but Bullseye worked so doggone well with my 45 and 38 handguns... I don't think I have any of it left now, and that's fine.

Guy
Bullseye was the first powder l loaded foy my 38 spl too. Too smokey , but yeah really accurate!

I’ve scared myself more than once over the years by making mistakes due to complacency or inattention to task at my reloading bench. I’ve been lucky and caught those mistakes before anything detrimental occurred. I’m very glad you caught it in time. Many times, a light load unfortunately won’t make its presence known until the next shot after the first lodges in the barrel. Again, I’m very glad you caught it prior too rather than after. All of us are human and nowhere near perfect. Sharing our experiences like this reminds us all to be diligent and attentive when loading. Thanks for posting Guy. Bringing it to our attention could have saved one of us from serious injury.

Now I turn the case mouth down after I prime it. Case gets turned upright when dumping powder in it. Helps to prevent dumping another load of powder into the case, overfilling the case, and spilling powder onto the loading block. Been there, done that too.🤪
Duane

Back