Petition for 300 H&H chambering

shoots_5

Handloader
May 15, 2009
Given Noslers history with the 300 H&H don't you think it would be appropriate for them to offer it in their rifles? I'm thinking a M48 legacy chambered in this beauty of an old cartridge would be about as good as it gets! Heck, they even offer brass and loaded ammo already....now we just need a rifle to go along with it!

shoots_5":3i5g76rx said:
Given Noslers history with the 300 H&H don't you think it would be appropriate for them to offer it in their rifles? I'm thinking a M48 legacy chambered in this beauty of an old cartridge would be about as good as it gets! Heck, they even offer brass and loaded ammo already....now we just need a rifle to go along with it!

I asked for this when they came out with the Legacy. I for one would love a Pre64 or Legacy in the old 300 H&H.

Is Nosler's long action actually long enough for the H&H rounds? Several "long actions" won't fit one, at least not easily.

hodgeman":23g8n49q said:
Is Nosler's long action actually long enough for the H&H rounds? Several "long actions" won't fit one, at least not easily.

I believe that is the reason.

JD338

Give the people what they want I say! :grin:
O
I'd imagine it wouldn't take too much R&D to lengthen the action a smidge. And I would imagine it would open up the possibility of a few other cartridges as well.

My dad and I both have 721's in 300 h&h, but I was thinking a really pretty chunk of wood on a M48 would make a heck of a 60th birthday present for the old man.

It would make a ton of sense for the H&H though, as Shoots_5 mentioned the Nosler history with the old horse.. Plus, it'll open it up to the RUM's and such for those guys that want them.

Scotty
I had a discussion with Nosler some time back about the RUM offerings. The action was too short and they said they might offer a Magnum length action in the future.

JD338

I wouldn't give much thought to a RUM or WBY in the Nosler.....but an action that'll swallow a .375 H7H?

Now I'm interested!

Back when I collected pre 64 Win. 70s, I had several .300 H&Hs. Not a bad one in the bunch!

I also had a few Rem. 721s in this caliber, very accurate long-range rifles.

If Nosler would make this rifle, I'd be a player :roll: .

Kodiak":2yot9cir said:
Back when I collected pre 64 Win. 70s, I had several .300 H&Hs. Not a bad one in the bunch!

Man, I wished I known you sooner Jim! I would have been all over your classifieds! :lol:

Back