Price check Zeiss scope??????????

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Have a 30mm diavari Z T* 1.5x6x42mm

2012-09-20_00-06-06_712.jpg

100_4592.jpg

The scope is in great shape with the exception of ring marks and 2 small ring "bites" on the bottom. They will be covered by the rings.

No box just scope
What is a fair price?

New, they are about $2100 to $2200. They don't usually lose a lot if they are lightly used. I'd consider it a steal at $1300, and if I were on that side of the border, I'd definitely be in contact to make arrangements for the scope.

The Diavari is one of the clearest scopes manufactured. I have two (I let a couple go). They are excellent.

Doc i have this one and the conquest 4.5x14x44mm. I was thinking they can alternate on my 416 Bee with QR warne rings pending on terrain/ Long/short range.

Then I was contemplating selling this one and getting 1 scope with enough range to handle all situations

Like a VX-6 2x12

Still on the fence

Either of those concepts would work very well. I like the idea of one scope to take me to any range I'll need it. This has worked well over the years. The VX6 2-12 would certainly fill that bill. I have a VX6 on my 6.5 Creedmoor. It is a good scope, but for virtually the sane money, the Leica ER 3.5-14X42 is superior.

Wait a minute Doc. The leica is $1479. I can get the vx-6 2x12 for $800.

Used light ring marks cosmetically good, few scratches. They are discontinued and sell for about $995 new. Great scope though for the money.

Here in Canada, the VX6 was going for ~$1300, which was quite close to the Leica. Importing must change the game quite a bit. The SWFA prices are near what I paid for my VX6. Canadian price for the VX6 is $1270. Canadian price for a Leica 3.5-14X42 is $1480.

Fotis, a quick check via google showed a few of these out there. Pricing was in the $900-1200 range for the 3 I found. Condition alone could easily create that pricing gap, as you likely know.

Off the cuff, I can't tell you how a scope swap setup would work, as I've never tried it. But what I can tell you is, I've never tried it because in my eyes it's too easy for things to go wrong, and my confidence would not be there. I'd sell it and the Conquest and buy a single scope that covers the range, but that's just me.

And, that's an opinion without a dog in this fight, for as much as I'd like to have that particular scope, it's well outside of my budget. Of course, if houses were selling 2 for a nickel, doorknobs would be out of my budget right now!

DrMike":3a8bk13n said:
Here in Canada, the VX6 was going for ~$1300, which was quite close to the Leica. Importing must change the game quite a bit. The SWFA prices are near what I paid for my VX6. Canadian price for the VX6 is $1270. Canadian price for a Leica 3.5-14X42 is $1480.

That does make a difference!

Back