Quickload for 165 ABLR in 270 WSM

Pineman

Beginner
Dec 20, 2021
I searched but couldn't find any data. Could someone run a quickload for 165 ABLR in 270 WSM with Magpro and H4831SC? Just got some in and wanted to see if my ABolt will stabilize them. I'm open to other powders also-I finally have a pretty good selection.
TIA.

That will be an awesome bullet in the 270 but you will need a 1-9 twist minimum to stabilize the .277 165 ABLR.

JD338

Unfortunately, the bullet is not listed in the data set for the current iteration of QL. Perhaps it is too new, in which case it should be included sometime after January.

That will be an awesome bullet in the 270 but you will need a 1-9 twist minimum to stabilize the .277 165 ABLR.

JD338
A surprising amount of guys are having success with that bullet in 1 in 10 twists in both 270 Win and 270 WSM. I was sceptical but there are a bunch of them now It's it's worth a try.
Pineman if you start with data for the 160 gr Partition and work up carefully you should be good. Most likely you'll burn just a bit more powder than the 6.8 Western and get a bit more speed.

A surprising amount of guys are having success with that bullet in 1 in 10 twists in both 270 Win and 270 WSM. I was sceptical but there are a bunch of them now It's it's worth a try.
Pineman if you start with data for the 160 gr Partition and work up carefully you should be good. Most likely you'll burn just a bit more powder than the 6.8 Western and get a bit more speed.
Gerry,
That's good to hear that this bullet can be stabilized in a 1:10 twist.

JD338

A couple of you tubers had really good results in a Model 70 with Magpro. I've had really good luck with Magpro in both 140 and 150 G Accubonds so I think I might start there.

Gerry,
That's good to hear that this bullet can be stabilized in a 1:10 twist.

JD338
Can't say it will work for everyone but it's worth a try. Maybe in really cold weather near sea level there might be issues but maybe not either.

A couple of you tubers had really good results in a Model 70 with Magpro. I've had really good luck with Magpro in both 140 and 150 G Accubonds so I think I might start there.
Probably saw some of the same ones. Frontline Rejects and Reloading Weatherby who also linked to a few other guys.

Back