Redding 3BR Powder Measure

Vince

Handloader
May 26, 2012
I recently upgraded my powder measure from the Lee to the Redding.

I can say that in my limited experience the money spent on this tool is money well spent. It threw much more consistent powder throws, even with a notoriously difficult powder, and was easier to set to throw the correct amount of powder. Now that I have loaded approximately fifty rounds with it I am asking myself how I ever loaded without this before now.

I also went back to a balance beam scale of some quality, Redding, and believe it or not the scale and powder measure are faster than the Lee and a little Hornady digital scale. The Hornady scale seemed to have a variable amount of drift, no electricity, cell phones, or fan in the room to disturb the readings it gave. Often, just when I think it had settled on a weight, it would change it's reading or shut off because I was being too slow for it's liking.

Reloading is becoming much more fun as I'm not wasting my time trying to get the powder charge correct. I set my powder measure to throw just under the desired weight and then trickle in powder to get the correct amount with my RCBS Trickler. Who knows? With good quality equipment I may come to like loading and not see it as a chore to be accomplished so I can go shoot.

Vince

You need to try the RCBS Chargemaster. Best money I ever spent.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Boomer,

I thought about one but decided against it after my experience with the little Hornady scale.

Back