Remington 700 XHR

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Anyone have any feedback on these triangular barreled guns? Interested mainly in accuracy.

I remember when these were first released; I shot one at that time. I don't recall that they were any more (or less) accurate than others, however--just different.

A buddy has one in a 243Win. He has had it for three years now. I worked up a load for it on the first outing (easy) and it is consistently shooting < MOA. I wasn't sure if the triangle barrel is a gimmick or not but it's not hurting anything on his gun.

This post isn't gonna be of any help...but I just have to say that I cannot deal with a triangle barrel, LOL.

I think the reason for it was to increase surface area for cooling. I saw one in 22-250 at Cabelas in Utah and the stock was badly warpped pressed against the barrel on one side 1/2-3/4" gap on the other side was pretty beat up think it was someone's truck gun.

Don't those things have the cheap plastic stocks on them?

I haven't shot one either. Last time I was in the market for a new 700 I wasn't going to take a risk on a triangle barrel that I heard nothing about. I imagine they still shoot well enough. I think they're just sendero contours.

found one at a nice price in 7mm......

Back