Return of the 416

Greg Nolan

Handloader
Nov 25, 2004
I just got my "new and improved" 416 Rem. back from E.R. Shaw . The new barrel is 26", fluted and braked. It fit just right into a spare XCR stock but I had to add the bottom metal because the KS stock had a blind magazine. I've got a Bushnell Trophy 4-12 on it for the moment untill I find something better. It weighs 8 lbs. 4 oz with the scope. I think the brake is going to come in handy. The 300 gr. tsx will be the first test load. I'm selling the old .416 KS barrel. It has porting and a barrel band and is stainless.416 rem 001.JPG416 rem 002.JPGView attachment 416 rem 003.JPG

Greg,

Congratulations on the 416 Rem, it will be a hammer.
Looking forward to your range report.

JD338

Good deal! What is the contour of the barrel?

Also please give us a range report! I have heard so many conflicting stories on the Shaw barrels.
"Some are good, and some are really good...tomato stakes", to quote a buddy.

Greg, have Cape Buffalo migrated up through Asia and found a way across the Bering Straight and up into the Rockies?????? :?: :?: :lol:

Hey Greg, that is a good looking rifle. If anyone asks you what are you going to shoot with that you can say anything that you want too :wink:
Again congrats on a nice rifle.

Blessings,
Dan

Very nice rifle Greg. Looking forward to seeing what it does on the range. It looks really nice! Scotty

Back