Ruger American 6.5 creedmoor

seokladuckin

Beginner
Mar 21, 2021
Bumped into a guy a few months ago that had won one in raffle, he needed the money and I didn't need another rifle and sure didn't need one of "those" , I had cash in my pocket so I offered 300 bucks and hell he accepted it , gun was new in box ...

I bought a cheap Athelon scope 4 to 12 and 2 box of ammo..

Well I'm kind of pleasantly surprised, 1st 3 shot group was ~ 3/4 inch group..
Didn't like trigger, put a Timney on it and adjusted it to 1.5 lbs , got die and brass in few weeks ago.

The magazine sux btw

What you all think it will shoot with fine tuned hand loads ??

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You got a good deal!

Actually the fact that you got 2 boxes of 6.5 Creed is unbelievable! Buy a lottery ticket.

They are shooters with the right load.

FOTIS":1ogmqhdh said:
You got a good deal!

Actually the fact that you got 2 boxes of 6.5 Creed is unbelievable! Buy a lottery ticket.

They are shooters with the right load.

This.

seokladuckin":jbw8vb96 said:
Bumped into a guy a few months ago that had won one in raffle, he needed the money and I didn't need another rifle and sure didn't need one of "those" , I had cash in my pocket so I offered 300 bucks and hell he accepted it , gun was new in box ...

Didn't like trigger, put a Timney on it and adjusted it to 1.5 lbs , got die and brass in few weeks ago.

The magazine sux btw

My ugly cheapo Ruger Creedmoor surprised me with regular sub 1/2" 4 or 5 shot groups with tailored loads. Seating depth was the key to really shrinking groups after a reasonably good powder/bullet combination was found.

358 WCF":23g6lc2d said:
seokladuckin":23g6lc2d said:

The magazine sux btw

My ugly cheapo Ruger Creedmoor surprised me with regular sub 1/2" 4 or 5 shot groups with tailored loads. Seating depth was the key to really shrinking groups after a reasonably good powder/bullet combination was found.
Loaded some 123 gr sst ladded test .005 off lands.

Loaded 6 142 Sierra match king on top of 40 grains of H4350 will do 2 - 3shot groups just to play with, they are .020 off lands.

Did i mention the magazine sux ..
Will be single shot with this load

Slickrem recently informed me that everyone on this thread, including myself, are liars..... and that it is not possible for a Ruger American to provide the type of accuracy you are all talking about here.

Songdog":1ktyhfm7 said:
Slickrem recently informed me that everyone on this thread, including myself, are liars..... and that it is not possible for a Ruger American to provide the type of accuracy you are all talking about here.
I'm not sure what it will end up shooting, but 130 berger factory loads shot ~3\4 inch group 1st 3 shots on new barrel,

So I ordered a die , Lapua brass, and I'll see what happens.

A friend has on in 223 that shoot ~1\2 group @100 yards

For cheap rifle,,,

That ain't bad

Songdog":4xlv3p4p said:

Heh. This isn't 24HCF, so if I wrote what I think about Slickrem's knowledge & expertise I'd probably get banned.

Ruger american 6.5 Bleedmore Talo edition. Hand loads of 107 grain Sierra TMKs over 41.5 grains of Varget. 3 shot group at 100 yards. Factory rifle with 18 inch barrel running 2950 fps at the muzzle. I'd say thats pretty accurate for a factory rifle.
3d6307e62a600de801dad623a1ed4ce8.jpg
e1cbfe9688585daed5dfa63f13cc3c2e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

drrose74":1ybh6uvf said:
Ruger american 6.5 Bleedmore Talo edition. Hand loads of 107 grain Sierra TMKs over 41.5 grains of Varget. 3 shot group at 100 yards. Factory rifle with 18 inch barrel running 2950 fps at the muzzle. I'd say thats pretty accurate for a factory rifle.
3d6307e62a600de801dad623a1ed4ce8.jpg
e1cbfe9688585daed5dfa63f13cc3c2e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That is really good for cheap rifle.

Hope mine does as well,

Back