Shooters Pro Shop!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
:grin: Great place. Great deals, now and often. I've GOT to stop opening those ads and checking at SPS...

I get all excited about stuff they've got on sale, blems, over-runs, in all sorts of cool sizes, weights and configurations. Bullets. Brass. Ammo. And more!

My mouse-trigger finger starts itching. My credit card tells me it's ready... I'm about to make a purchase...

Then I realize that I've got enough cartridge cases and bullets on hand in my loading room to wipe out half the big game in North America if I just had time to hunt that much...

Well, maybe not quite that much... :wink:

At any rate - great place - full of goodies for us. I'm sure the SPS people will be disappointed to know that I made myself put the card back in my wallet, and quit looking at all those goodies on sale!

Guy

I've never used 200 PTs out of a 30-06, never needed to. But I'm still checking SPS for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you Guy, UPS just delivered 250 bullets I really did not need. I have so many 270, 338 and 264 BT and partitions that I could never use up hunting if I was 20 years old much less 71.

I would tell you what my current inventory is from SPS, but I'm afraid you'd have me committed...

If it was about need, I'd have 1/2 dozen rounds for my 9mm, and 3 or 4 for my .06.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dang can't believe what I've been missing. This thread made me look at their website for the first time. Guess I know where my July holiday check will be going [emoji16]

Been getting some supplies from SPS for some time. I was skeptical about the "blems" at first but have now used enough of them to be convinced that they shoot & perform as 1st run bullets.

I had a very good load for the 160gr AB in my custom 7WSM. Couldn't seem to find any 1st run bullets for some time and decided to try the blems. When the bullets arrived I was quite surprised to see that they had red tips and cannalures. I had my doubts that these bullets would shoot as good as my regular factory ABs. However, I loaded them up exactly as I had been and shot them at 300yds. To my surprise, they repeatedly shot groups that were smaller than my 1st run bullets!!

I shot 3 whitetails in the mid 400yd range and all three dropped to the shot and never moved. I can't say what the expanded bullets looked like because they all flew out the off side. Not bad performance for a 1/2 price blem.

In keeping with the theme of "overkill" in our loads, I found the following meme fascinating.

Cleveland48":1ih3xe6n said:
Dang can't believe what I've been missing. This thread made me look at their website for the first time. Guess I know where my July holiday check will be going [emoji16]

Glad you know about SPS now! (y)

What's even better for me is that I drive through Bend, Oregon several times a year and can stop & pick up my order! Love it. Starting to like Bend a lot too...

Guy

I will be back on their site soon with the debit card ready lol

I'm another SPS addict. I have enough brass and bullets to sink a good sized ship and yet, each time I get an email or see an ad, I have to go look.
I don't think I'll be running out of 264 WM brass for at least 40 years. And 6.5 and 257 and 243 and 223 and...

I am another SPS addict. Like Charlie mentioned, it's hard to beat them.

pharmseller":kbo2oby7 said:
Be advised the Feds count each bullet (not cartridge) as a loaded round.

P

Out of curiosity, why does this matter?

Guy

Thanks guys for making my wallet thinner. I didn't know about this site before, they got lots of selections for blemished bullets at some significant savings! 100 grain partitions for example in 6mm are down there around the cost of a regular cup and core bullet, and are 28 cents a piece cheaper than on midway. Wow. The 95 gr BT in 6mm are only 11 cents a piece cheaper, but still money saved is money saved.

DrMike":3hlpllfm said:
In keeping with the theme of "overkill" in our loads, I found the following meme fascinating.

Mike, I love this. Already saved on my computer.

Back