SSK 338 Whisper

HHI6818

Beginner
Feb 24, 2015
Several years ago I stopped by JD Jones and he showed me a 338 Whisper
cartridge and since then I have wanted one. Found one on an online auction site and I won. 14 in Thompson Contender barrel and it is Based on 7 BR case necked up to 338
Case is 1.5 inches and bullet is 1.7 inches. I've had a lot of fun with this cartridge and shot a IHMSA silhouette match with it with sub sonic loads. When the 300 gr bullet @ 1050 fps hit a ram at 200 meters it sound like you wacked it with a hammer :lol:

Dang, did you have to aim it like a grenade launcher (about 45 degrees) to lob that bullet out to 200? Lol. What did the bullet do, terminal performance-wise? Did it kill the ram?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will try and post pic of it tomorrow

Picked up these two jackets at the 200 m rams

Chickens 50 M hold leg/body
Pigs 100 M hold top of back
Turkeys 1250 M one revolution (48 clicks) hold top on back
Rams 200 M (another 48 clicks) hold top of horn
shoot off chickens at 200 M
Hold top of head. Last bank of 5 targets I hit 4
Ran out of scope adjustments. Shot a 36 x 5 shoot offs.

Oh, shoot - you're talking about steel targets. Lol. I thought you were talking about an actual ram. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool. That's a lot of mass headed down range. Please post a picture of the handgun.

Load data lists 2100 fps with 200 gr ballistic tip out ou 14 in barrel. Also list AR-10 16.5 inch barrel. I love it when Nolser has the 300 gr bullets listed in their blemish page. I have stocked up and have purchased them as low as $25 a box

Back