Swarovski BT's w/ Z3 or Z6 - Owner's opinion

CanuckBen

Beginner
Nov 27, 2011
Good day gents

Was wondering what the opinions of those who've worked with Swarovski's bullet turret system. Seems to me to be quite straight forward in its usage and setup, be it with off the shelf or reloads, but is it as usefull at the range and in the field?

How accurate is their system at long distance?

One downside I see is the #4 recticle available (only one available, w/ reasons) Vs using a graded recticle with windage compensation marking, such as their BRX, or Zeiss's Rapid'sZ.

Cheers
B

Ben,

I have the BT on my one of my Z6 scopes. It works, but I doubt that I would spend the money to buy it again. I don't like the reticle, but I understand why it is necessary. The shooter is responsible to work out the ballistics for his/her own load. However, the system does work within reasonable hunting distances. I don't know about shots beyond 500 or 600 yards.

I have the bt on my 3.5 x 18 Z5. It is mounted on a 300 WSM. I worked with it out to 300 yds at the range. Did the math for longer distance. I have been watching too much TV where real
long shots are normal so I thought I should try it on an Antelope @ 540 yds. Kind of windy that day and I shot his back leg off. Not cool. I need to stop watching that stuff on TV and I need to keep things more realistic. Not sure if I would spend the extra money for the BT option again.
I love Swarovski products. They have never let me down. Brian

Isn't that something that you can call in and order after you get your scope too for like $110 versus the $200 difference up front?

nvbroncrider":2upumecj said:
Isn't that something that you can call in and order after you get your scope too for like $110 versus the $200 difference up front?

I am not sure about that, but will ask my dealer. The price upgrade for the BT is (in Canada) $125; I would think the pricing for it in the US would be a tad less then that.

Back